Which brand makes the most ideal receivers?

kamalgaur

#5 - Which brand makes the most ideal receivers?

Firstly, I'd like to know if a majority of people here feel that Denon receivers are better than Yamaha, Marantz, Pioneer and Sony?

For years, I was under the impression that Onkyo was pretty awesome, but since I've started reading up on tech specs, I realize that their 1.0% THD specs sound horrible compared to the 0.08% THD for Denon.
I know each model of each brand is different, but if you keep aside the tech specs, I want to know if Denon is better-sounding than the others. I ask because, for some reason, that perception has entered my mind based on what I've been told, and also because Denon was the first brand I researched thoroughly.

That being said, what's the lowest price I can expect to pay, in Bangalore, for an AV receiver set-up that fits my 'ideal' set of requirements, which are -
- should support at least a 7.1 setup, preferably Dolby Atmos (unless there's something better)
- should support dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz)
- should have at least 5-6 HDMI inputs
- should have 2-3 HDMI outputs, 1 of which should be for Zone 2
- should work with phone apps/IP remotes/etc
- should support audio streaming from other devices (over Wi-Fi is a must, not Bluetooth)
- should support audio streaming to other devices (over Wi-Fi, e.g. Chromecast Audio)
- should support video streaming from other devices (over Wi-Fi, hence the need for Wi-Fi ac)
- should support video streaming to other devices (over Wi-Fi, dongle)
- should support HDCP 2.2 to be future-proof for 4K content
- should allow passthrough of 3D/4K content (also in stand-by mode)
- should be able to support a karaoke setup, and hence should have a Phono In or Line In
- should not cost an arm and a leg

Note: All of the above are the ideal state - now I know that no entry-level receiver does the above, and I'm okay arriving at it by adding gadgets that integrate with the receiver to deliver the aforementioned wishlist.

Hi

I have noticed that you have uploaded different posts with different questions leading to the same requirement.

So the best solution is that you first read the posts under what should i buy to get a fair idea and also decide on how much you are willing to spend...

There are entry level systems which start from 30k onwards and can easily run into lakhs...all depends on your requirements for connectivity, what type of speakers, how big is the listening area or room etc etc.

Expensive and superior brands are Marantz (made by D & M Holdings), Pioneer (LX series and above 800 series), NAD, Rotel, Anthem, Arcam etc.

Other brands are Yamaha, Onkyo, entry models of Pioneer, Sony etc.

It all depends on brand for some, for some it is performance, budget and VFM (Value for Money). Everyone has different tastes, expectations...we can guide but final decision resides with the ultimate buyer or user.

So audition systems based on your budget, requirement, what kind of speakers you want (Bookshelf / Towers / Satellites) 5.1 or 7.1 or plain stereo....what room size and how much AVR / AMP power you want for normal listening or loud levels or bassy etc. What all components you want to connect through HDMI etc....

All the best.....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back