Which Cable to buy and how to connect my new AVR setup ?

MumbaiProperties

Me a newbie into the home theatre arena
I have finally zeroed in on the Denon 1910 and Paradigm Cinema speakers for my Home Theatre setup

My setup would be
1. Samsung LED 46
2. PS 3
3. Samsung HD 860 DVD Player
4. TataSky plus
May be add the Divico HD M-6500A or HD M-7000A player, budget permitting.

Have already done the speaker wiring concealed when my home was being done up (used DAC speaker cables)

Have set aside a budget of 10k for the cables now.
Is it good enuf and would these investment improve/marginally improve picture and sounds quality ?
What would be the best way to connect all these ?

What should be the cables that i buy and also which brands ?

Look forward to buy the setup this week, so would appreciate inputs from the guru's here
Ram

For speaker cables have a look at speaker cables at PROMEDIA which is at Laxmi Industrial estate, Gala no. - 31R
They have DRAKA speaker cables
They maybe having other AV cables but i am not sure about it

1. Cables to connect source to AVR (Denon 1910)

PS3 via HDMI
Samsung DVD via HDMI
Tata Sky Plus via Component for Video and Coaxial for Audio
Divco via HDMI if you add

Total you need 3 HDMI + 1 Component + 1 Coax

2. Second you connect AVR to TV: 1 HDMI

3. The above is sufficient, but sometime HDMI may not work or you need to change a cable. As back up I feel you should also connect the system via the RCA cables. This will add 4 RCA cables to the setup.

All the cables are made by DAC / Bandridge / MX and will be around 7-10k. You could have unbranded ones at local shop for 3k but I advice against it.

I have finally zeroed in on the Denon 1910 and Paradigm Cinema speakers for my Home Theatre setup

My setup would be
1. Samsung LED 46
2. PS 3
4. TataSky plus

Have already done the speaker wiring concealed when my home was being done up (used DAC speaker cables)

Is it good enuf and would these investment improve/marginally improve picture and sounds quality ?

Look forward to buy the setup this week, so would appreciate inputs from the guru's here
Ram

Search around the forum for all the answers you need. And iif you still don't find then you can post the questions.

My setup would be
1. Samsung LED 46
2. PS 3
4. TataSky plus

Ram

I upgraded to Supra classic 4.0 cables & they sound fuller.Vocals are clean,full bodied.Bass improved.Price around 400/m & got from Lakozy.

I upgraded to Supra classic 4.0 cables & they sound fuller.Vocals are clean,full bodied.Bass improved.Price around 400/m & got from Lakozy.

Are you serious? Is it 400/m? :eek::eek::eek: Does it make a significant difference in sound/picture quality to go for a high cost cables? If that is, what would be the percentage, 10-15%?

As of now, being a rookie, still I cannot digest buying a cable for 400/m!

Cheers!

Are you serious? Is it 400/m? :eek::eek::eek: Does it make a significant difference in sound/picture quality to go for a high cost cables? If that is, what would be the percentage, 10-15%?

As of now, being a rookie, still I cannot digest buying a cable for 400/m!

Cheers!

Well this was same with me 1yr back.After reading rev in whatshifi,I found a good hifi cable starts from 400/m (say QUED).I asked to our forum members & they said that all these are just marketed & not manufactured by them.
So I went for supra which is made by themself.
So I just wanted to try,I got 7.5mtr for 3k.(frnt/centre only)
Difference is neutrality.I can say 15% better than current 50/m cable.Sound is clean.
I can still say ,ordinary cable can too sound better.

I find Bass improved & overall freq responce to.Vocals are full compared to thick early.

Hi to everyone,

I found this webpage which u might be familiar with already.

Speaker Cable at Blue Jeans Cable

Does it make sense to buy speaker cables from there? I have a friend who's coming from the US next month & I can ask him to buy it & bring. So, no duty or freight.

If yes, which speaker cable should I go for?

The first item BJC Ten White (5T00UP) (White jacket, 10 AWG) costs USD 0.99 per ft which when converted comes to about Rs. 150 per metre. Is this a good buy? Pls advise. I have a Denon 1910 receiver. Speakers i'm yet to buy. Still in the process of auditioning.

regards

Arvind

Arvind, all cables from BJC are good VFM. The raw cables (mostly from Belden) have been tested and chosen carefully by the company. To this they add reasonably priced connectors. There are many members who use BJC cables and are very happy. I use a version of the Belden cable as speakers cables and I found the cables to be excellent. Seems to add body and power to the sound.

Go for it without worries.

Cheers

Arvind, all cables from BJC are good VFM. The raw cables (mostly from Belden) have been tested and chosen carefully by the company. To this they add reasonably priced connectors. There are many members who use BJC cables and are very happy. I use a version of the Belden cable as speakers cables and I found the cables to be excellent. Seems to add body and power to the sound.

Go for it without worries.

Cheers

Thank u venkat sir. May i ask the specification & price of your cable & where you got it from? You may pm me or reply on the forum

regards

Arvind

Hi to everyone,

Does it make sense to buy speaker cables from there? I have a friend who's coming from the US next month & I can ask him to buy it & bring. So, no duty or freight.

The first item BJC Ten White (5T00UP) (White jacket, 10 AWG) costs USD 0.99 per ft which when converted comes to about Rs. 150 per metre. Is this a good buy? Pls advise. I have a Denon 1910 receiver. Speakers i'm yet to buy. Still in the process of auditioning.

regards

Arvind

If you have someone from the US coming down here, I would strongly recommend getting Monoprice cables. They have excellent quality and very cheap price. They are unanimously recommended on AVSForum. BlueJeans Cable also comes highly recommended. Stay clear of Monster cables as they are overpriced and are the 1st to fail.

Look at Monoprice for all your cable and connector needs. You won't need to look anywhere else. Monoprice is very highly recommended.

Hi to everyone,

regards

Arvind

get it.
I ve some Blue Jeans
Fantastic VFM

Thank u venkat sir. May i ask the specification & price of your cable & where you got it from? You may pm me or reply on the forum

I was wanting to get the 12 AWG Belden's 5000UP, but unfortunately it does not seem to be available in Chennai. Instead I got Belden 8473 which is 14 AWG. I will be bringing these cables for the meeting on 27th.

These cables are available from Decibel. Please check with Raghu for the pricing. Should be around 150 per meter.

Cheers

.... Stay clear of Monster cables as they are overpriced and are the 1st to fail.

Overpriced - yes. First to fail, not true. They have a pretty low failure rate. In fact cables by default are sturdy, its usually the connectors that give away. Monster has very decent connectors by the way.

And no, I dont work for that company :)

Hi Everyone,

I wrote to Belden India & they quoted a price of approx Rs. 100 per metre for Belden 5000UE (grey jacket 12 awg) for a roll of 1000 feet (305 metres). My requirement is only 50 m. So, if anyone else is interested in this product, we can probably pool together & buy it. Let me know.

regards

Arvind

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back