Which Cassette Decks ?

vinod_david

Banned
Banned
Hi:

- Sony TC-WE475 Single Cassette Deck
- Onkyo TARW255 Dual well Tape Deck

Which among these should I get from UK or any other brands for 2 decks that I can get from UK. Thanx.

Vinod.
Get the Onkyo with an International warranty, if poss.
Onkyo has full service support/repair facilities here in India-a very impt consideration, esp with a format on its way out.

Vinod.
Get the Onkyo with an International warranty, if poss. Onkyo has full service support/repair facilities here in India-a very impt consideration, esp with a format on its way out.

Kamal:

Onkyo India does not support products bought outside India. I have interacted with Onkyo Japan, and I was informed that Onkyo's company policy is to support products only through dealers and branches from where they were purchased. They do not understand the concept of an International Warranty.

Cheers

Hi:

Is it okay to buy used cassette decks of Nakamichi and Onkyo for a bargain price. Have anybody bought used decks and very happy with it so far ?

Your thoughts will seal a deal with Nakamichi soon:D

Hi Vinod,
Depends on what Nakamichi is available. A 20 year old Nak may be a bad idea but the DR series is available used internationally for 10/12 K is a good option.Naks are built well and last long and spares for the latter series are still available.
U could also look at used technics decks.
If buying new i guess the options are onkyo,Marantz, and Yamaha. If i remember right there is a Yamaha 580se which was a good vfm deck.
If u just want to own a peice of history then a Nakamichi but if its a plain jane decent tape deck u need then a simple two head deck from any of the above brands will be a better option.
I own a Nak DR 10 and its great but i am aware of the problems i will have if it breaks down.
Regards

Hi Vinod,
Depends on what Nakamichi is available. A 20 year old Nak may be a bad idea but the DR series is available used internationally for 10/12 K is a good option.Naks are built well and last long and spares for the latter series are still available.
U could also look at used technics decks.
If buying new i guess the options are onkyo,Marantz, and Yamaha. If i remember right there is a Yamaha 580se which was a good vfm deck.
If u just want to own a peice of history then a Nakamichi but if its a plain jane decent tape deck u need then a simple two head deck from any of the above brands will be a better option.
I own a Nak DR 10 and its great but i am aware of the problems i will have if it breaks down.
Regards

Hi Dinyaar:

Where in India or UK i can get Nak DR 10. I might also consider Onkyo and Marantz if Nak is out of my reach.:(

Please help.

Buy a Nak with full awareness that you could be left with a very large paperweight/ doorstopper. There's no support in India and parts tend to be proprietary. Even if you procure the parts from ebay etc. you need to have strong DiY/ masochistic tendencies to go that route!

My case study:

- I have a Nak that functions well (as we speak); at the time of acquisition it was about 8 out of 10 on functionality. I had to do a lot of reading up/ e-mailing/ DiY to bring it back to full condition.

- I also have 'back-up' decks for routine/ intensive use to prevent wearing out the Nak.

- I am mentally prepared to write off the financial loss if the Nak dies on me some day.

Decide if the factors above apply to you.

Hope this helps..

Persiflage

Happy to be here, this is my first post. Im a bit of cassette deck nut, I have a TEAC A800 (pre TASCAM studio deck), B&O Beocord 9000 and a Tandberg 440A - the last two i bought through Ebay US are in Mint condition.
Has anyone on this list come across a Nakamichi CR7 or Revox B215S? Also interested in metal tapes specifically Luxman XM4 .Please PM me. thanks

Hi,

Rosh, welcome to the forum.

Are you by any chance Roshan Thomas from Besant Nagar?

Regards
Rajiv

The one and the same Rajiv - my infamy precedes me it appears;) , though Im sorry Im not able to identify you right away- i have too many friends called Rajiv!

though Im sorry Im not able to identify you right away

Hi Rosh,

It does not surprise me,its been a while since I last met you.
I am the Rajiv whose Phase Linear power amp you fixed.

I remember the days when you and Amar were working on an active set up.It sounded very good as I recall.

Regards
Rajiv

Ah Rajiv, yes I do remember you very well indeed. We should catch up sometime. I m just getting back into audio design after spending quite a few years on IT software and hardware. What kind of hardware do you have now?

Hi Guys

Sorry to butt in ..... but anybody interested in a 2 1/2 year old Onkyo K - 505TX single cassette deck with original bill.

Brief specs

Auto-reverse
Dolby® B and C noise reduction, Dolby® HX Pro
CD/MD-to-tape synchro recording
Automatic recording level control
Auto-space and rec mute
Music search
RI(Remote Interactive) system compatible
Wow & flutter: 0.1% (WRMS)
Frequency response:20Hz-16kHz (metal tape)
S/N ratio: 54dB (metal tape, Dolby® NR off)
WHD: 205 x 76 x 278 mm
2.6 kg

Picked it up for 10 k. A reasonable price will do. Excellent condition.

Happy to be here, this is my first post. Im a bit of cassette deck nut, I have a TEAC A800 (pre TASCAM studio deck), B&O Beocord 9000 and a Tandberg 440A - the last two i bought through Ebay US are in Mint condition.
Has anyone on this list come across a Nakamichi CR7 or Revox B215S? Also interested in metal tapes specifically Luxman XM4 .Please PM me. thanks

Would you know of any reliable service centre in Chennai who can fix an Onkyo TA 2048 cassette deck bought tthrough ebay ? Tks.

Try Power Electronics Service in Ritchie street, Mr.Thankachan is the owner also creator of Torvin audio systems. They do a decent job.

Try Power Electronics Service in Ritchie street, Mr.Thankachan is the owner also creator of Torvin audio systems. They do a decent job.
Thank v.much.
Understand there is a guy in Besant nagar- Amar who is also good.

Amar is a personal friend of mine since 1979, can swear by him. He s in St.marys road no longer in Besant Nagar. But he s not very active at the moment due to certain personal reasons. Still you can try (0)9884064038 and refer my name.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back