Which CDP to buy?

mungeri

Hi All

I am planning to buy a CDP, which I planned long back but budget constraints did 'nt let me. I am looking for either Marantz CD5001 or CA CD340.

I have a Denon PMA 700 with Jamo e608 speakers E680.

Please advice and also the approximate prices for these. Also if another buget CDP is available in this range.

Cheers
Mungeri

Please read speakers as Jamo E680..............

Cheers :)
Rohit Anand

Attachments

• E68.jpg
    E68.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 118
Hi All

I am planning to buy a CDP, which I planned long back but budget constraints did 'nt let me. I am looking for either Marantz CD5001 or CA CD340.

I have a Denon PMA 700 with Jamo e608 speakers E680.

Please advice and also the approximate prices for these. Also if another buget CDP is available in this range.

Cheers
Mungeri

For your budget Mar 5001 is good choice.For same range think of CA 540, better than 340.

Thanks spirovious
Can you please advise where can I the best price for CA 540 and what is the price?

Cheers

I have heard the Marantz 5001, CA 540 & 640. Even the latter is considered as an entry level for someone wanting a dedicated CDP. A good number of folks I know have upgraded after the 640 to other brands or more expensive models with the CA family.

It is very hard to beat the Marantz for the price and performance as a standout player. If you can source this from anywhere outside like Dubai or Singapore then the pricing will be much lower than the street prices in India.

I called up the CA dealer in Delhi - Quote was 17k (cash) - no card.

Marantz 5001 - around 12k as the model is no more available. Any more ideas on pricing.

I called up the CA dealer in Delhi - Quote was 17k (cash) - no card.

Marantz 5001 - around 12k as the model is no more available. Any more ideas on pricing.

Re: Marantz :

Unless you are getting a sales receipt and official warranty (they offer 3 yrs) - i would not go with a cash only deal. Sounds iffy. You are being offered the retail price when it was available - currently this has been replaced by 5003 model.

Both offers are with warranty with bill.

CA 1 Year Warranty
Marantz 3 Years Warranty

Any dealer who can offer good prices for CA?

Cheers

CA540 price is around 16k.
Marantz5001 for 10k, 6002 for 18k.(forum members do sale for that price.)

Thanks Guys, Hv bought a Marantz 5001 at a decent price and sounds great ..............

Thank you all for supporting me with info and ideas.

Regards

Thanks Guys, Hv bought a Marantz 5001 at a decent price and sounds great ..............

Regards

I would like to know at what price you got it and from where. This will help us to update our database and many others interested in Marantz CDP. I think you shoud do it as a token appreciation for the help and advice you got from this forum.

Thanks all for your support again. I paid 11500/- for CDP 5001 with bill and warranty in Delhi.

Please PM me in case anyone needs more details.

Cheers

Regards

Congrats on the purchase. Its an excellent player. I have found that it needs about 50 hrs or so to break in. So play at relatively moderate volumes before turning the knob all the way up. The dynamics are excellent for good sources of music.

Thanks Marsilians, I was using a DVD player till date, but the sound with the CDP is definitely better.

Cheers
:)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back