which companies make neutral speakers.

hey bros.

want to ask the the above question

hi manu4panjab,

all loudspeakers are ersatz - the real neutral experience is the real (live) one - there are too many million cues in the real live listening environment for any speaker company to pretend to be able to reproduce all of them.

so to answer your question - not one....... but some speaker companies are better than most in suspending belief, and they are -

1. wilson audio

2. sonus faber

i have heard models of both - and was amazed - but take that with a pinch of salt because i have a lived a life different to yours and my reality might not be yours!:)

Manu - is there any particular reason you prefer neutral speakers?

Dynaudio is another brand famous for producing neutral speakers.

so manu you are planning to do away with the polk and onkyo 606 soon?? sine all the HW you have have their own distinctive sound signature and polk and onkyo are very forward actually.

so manu you are planning to do away with the polk and onkyo 606 soon?? sine all the HW you have have their own distinctive sound signature and polk and onkyo are very forward actually.

hey brother

not onkyo 606 i found it superb for my room dimensions it give me what i want

but as for polk i found that when playing some movies and some games my centre channel speakers distorts

i don't know whether it is my speaker or the sound mixing in games and movies

manu4panjab;6819 but as for polk i found that when playing some movies and some games my centre channel speakers distorts i don't know whether it is my speaker or the sound mixing in games and movies[/QUOTE said:
just a thought manu4panjab,

the mounting screws for the midrange in the center speaker could be loose.

one way of checking is to hold the center speaker in your hands and shake it.

if you hear any sound at all, then something inside the speaker has come loose and refixing should solve your problem- it certainly looks this way because you say distortion only occurs with certain movies, so could be that resonance of a loose part is causing the problem

For my money's worth the best that I've heard are Dynaudio and Genelec.

But Manu I'm pretty much sure you will not like them. What you like are the DSP FX with lots of boom boom and SFX of every kind thrown in.

A very subjective question with no definite answer.
I concur with Suri.
Nearly every hi-end brand claim they make the most neutral loudspeaker. They are right to a certain extent. And they all have their own fanboys. Why ? Because everyone look for different things in a loudspeaker. In esoteric hi-end circles there are definite camps and they all dislike the other camp.
Most people are happy if the loudspeaker meets their expectations with music they like. Hence I suggest you trust your ears.
Although loudspeakers are meant to be neutral most manufacturers do not do it that way although they claim to do so. They are all voiced to appeal to a certain percentage of the audiophile customer population and their listening habits. It makes business sense.

I believe you need to DIY if you want a truly neutral loudspeaker.

just a thought manu4panjab,

the mounting screws for the midrange in the center speaker could be loose.

one way of checking is to hold the center speaker in your hands and shake it.

if you hear any sound at all, then something inside the speaker has come loose and refixing should solve your problem- it certainly looks this way because you say distortion only occurs with certain movies, so could be that resonance of a loose part is causing the problem

i have checked evrything but there's nothingloose in centre channel speaker

Manu from the few posts I have read of yours I assume if you've listened to car music systems with the bass and the bass and want to replicate that into home experience then I'll share an experience of one of my friends who didn't lose hope and did the very same...

He used the same car pioneer amp- car battery with huge transformer- 4 nos 12" car woofers:clapping: and it was shattering!:yahoo:

For more ask the audiogurus how this can be achieved.

Kindest regards

Last edited:
ime, the ATC are very neutral. I once had a chance to hear an SCM40 with different cdp/amp combos being switched. The speaker was so neutral and transparent that I could hear distinct differences between the combos. My favorite pair was the Plinus 9200/CD101.

Cheers.

but as for polk i found that when playing some movies and some games my centre channel speakers distorts

i don't know whether it is my speaker or the sound mixing in games and movies

Few questions so I want to make sure you are aware of the issue. Are you sure you are hearing distorted sound? Have you experienced this before to know that it is indeed as such.

If the sound is distorting, why do you think replacing with neutral speakers will fix the issue?

Thirdly, have you tried different placement, other speakers borrowed from your friends to see if the issue happens?

Have you tested your AVR to see if it is not the cause?

Reason for my asking is that you want to make sure the resolution steps are indeed going to fix the issue.

Few questions so I want to make sure you are aware of the issue. Are you sure you are hearing distorted sound? Have you experienced this before to know that it is indeed as such.

If the sound is distorting, why do you think replacing with neutral speakers will fix the issue?

Thirdly, have you tried different placement, other speakers borrowed from your friends to see if the issue happens?

Have you tested your AVR to see if it is not the cause?

Reason for my asking is that you want to make sure the resolution steps are indeed going to fix the issue.

yup i'm definitely right about distortion in centre channel speaker coz it was not there before even at high volume with same movies i played

so what to do

yup i'm definitely right about distortion in centre channel speaker coz it was not there before even at high volume with same movies i played

so what to do

Disconnect your center channel and connect the center channel signal from amp to one of your fronts and check whether the front speaker also distorts. I suspect that problem might be with amp. One of my friend had this sort of problem and later found out that the issue was with the amp.

ATC is most neutral speaker ive heard. although i believe there is no such thing as a neutral speaker.

This is an interesting discussion. The 8260A three way coaxial mid/high tri-amped loudspeaker system from Genelec is boasting neutral sound like never before and I am totally impressed with what I heard at the IBC exhibition in Amsterdam. It will give all loudspeaker geeks something to smile about
Genelec Oy - Genelec 8260A

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back