which DAC from ifi stable

rupy

Hullo Friends,
I am in a bit of a confusion.I have decided to buy a DAC from the ifi stable.There are DAC's in the MICRO and NANO series.Which one to go for.Quality is first priority and features are second.The NANO is supposedly more feature oriented but I do not know about the quality vis-s-vis the MICRO which is not so feature oriented.Also,do you have to buy a separate power supply?Please help.
Warm Regards,
Rupy

I think that the question is whether you want desktop or portable. Nano is for portable.

Then you decide whether you want high-featured or not, eg DSD or not.

If you need a power supply with an ifi product, it should come with one. Without looking deeply, I think the DACs are USB powered, but you can probably do stuff... like dual cables with separate power source. May not be a bad thing! PC/Laptop power supply can be a problem.

First... find out if you have a problem :)

Hi Thanks chaps,
I dont mind whether the device is a desktop or a portable as long as the SQ is good.Thanks.

I saw this thread just today.

I'd suggest getting the Micro iDAC or the of the Micro iDSD. The iDSD is quite a bit more expensive, but well worth the step up for the improvement in sound, and for the enhanced feature set. (I've listened to both DACs in my setup.)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back