Which one is better from ifi and xduoo

DAB

Guys which of these is better.. Both have totally different chips for the dac and bt section

Would these show any chnage in audio...
I am using a fosi bt20a pro, google chromecast audio and Sony hifi speakers (from my yesteryear's Sony music system az2d.)

Thanks

Guys which of these is better.. Both have totally different chips for the dac and bt section

I am using a fosi bt20a pro, google chromecast audio and Sony hifi speakers (from my yesteryear's Sony music system az2d.)

Thanks
depends on the connectivity that you want. The Xduoo has digital inputs while the Zen Air has only bluetooth reception.

depends on the connectivity that you want. The Xduoo has digital inputs while the Zen Air has only bluetooth reception.
Tbh google chromecast audio is my preferred source... I thought both could be connected via analogue output from it... But if ifi has better response then I can switch to bt streaming as well....
So with BT as source, which of these is likely to perform better and has a better reproduction of audio via is dac

Am using IFI zen V2 bluetooth streamer, RCA to RCA to marantz pm7001 and Elac debut B5.2 speakers. extremely happy with the combination. Not used the Xduoo so cannot comment on that.

Tbh google chromecast audio is my preferred source... I thought both could be connected via analogue output from it... But if ifi has better response then I can switch to bt streaming as well....
So with BT as source, which of these is likely to perform better and has a better reproduction of audio via is dac
Consider this - you can connect the CCA to Xduoo over optical (not analog) which will be able to pass through a higher resolution signal. You'll also be able to connect a streamer such as Wiim/Allo digione/ifi Zen stream to the Xduoo since it has USB/coaxial/ optical in whereas you're limited to bluetooth with the ifi.

Now whether the Xduoo will sound better with a higher definition signal than the ifi receiving through bluetooth is something you'll be hard pressed to find user reviews on.

Consider this - you can connect the CCA to Xduoo over optical (not analog) which will be able to pass through a higher resolution signal. You'll also be able to connect a streamer such as Wiim/Allo digione/ifi Zen stream to the Xduoo since it has USB/coaxial/ optical in whereas you're limited to bluetooth with the ifi.

Now whether the Xduoo will sound better with a higher definition signal than the ifi receiving through bluetooth is something you'll be hard pressed to find user reviews on.
Thanks for the feedback mate.
But i believe the optical port is actually optical out an not in... Apart from bt input and usb c input for pc, they're is no other input ports or ways....

Thanks for the feedback mate.
But i believe the optical port is actually optical out an not in... Apart from bt input and usb c input for pc, they're is no other input ports or ways....
just noticed and thats quite a bummer. The Ifi Zen Air is definitely the better bet then based on my experiences with the ifi zen v1 compared to other DACs of a similar price category such as SMSL P100, Topping E30 etc

just noticed and thats quite a bummer. The Ifi Zen Air is definitely the better bet then based on my experiences with the ifi zen v1 compared to other DACs of a similar price category such as SMSL P100, Topping E30 etc
I just did some more digging snd found out that xduoo xq50 pro2 is exactly same in hardware and functioning as auris blume hd
Deal of the day: Auris Blume Pro HiFi Bluetooth 5.0 Music Receiver Long Range Bluetooth Adapter with Audiophile DAC, LDAC, aptX HD, OLED Display & Optical Coaxial AUX Output for Home Stereo, AV Receiver or Amplifier https://amzn.eu/d/2IwzRID

All the chips functions and even the ports are exactly the same...
Tbh i am. More inclined to it owing to it ha onh a screen...

But the biggest hitch is will. It actually make a difference if joined with fosi bt20a pro and to Sony speakers...

I just did some more digging snd found out that xduoo xq50 pro2 is exactly same in hardware and functioning as auris blume hd
Deal of the day: Auris Blume Pro HiFi Bluetooth 5.0 Music Receiver Long Range Bluetooth Adapter with Audiophile DAC, LDAC, aptX HD, OLED Display & Optical Coaxial AUX Output for Home Stereo, AV Receiver or Amplifier https://amzn.eu/d/2IwzRID

All the chips functions and even the ports are exactly the same...
Tbh i am. More inclined to it owing to it ha onh a screen...

But the biggest hitch is will. It actually make a difference if joined with fosi bt20a pro and to Sony speakers...
How about you get both the Ifi Zen Air and Xduoo and end this controversy with your own take on their SQ - sell whichever one you don't care about 😄

If you are using CCA, I guess you don't need BT. Another thing is your Amp already has BT. So, you might want to skip BT functionality in DAC. If you agree, Topping E30, IFi Zen DAC V2 are your options.

If you still need BT functionality and want to use CCA too, Desktop DAC like SMSL SU6. It will give you and Excellent BT DAC and Optical In for CCA.

If you are using CCA, I guess you don't need BT. Another thing is your Amp already has BT. So, you might want to skip BT functionality in DAC. If you agree, Topping E30, IFi Zen DAC V2 are your options.

If you still need BT functionality and want to use CCA too, Desktop DAC like SMSL SU6. It will give you and Excellent BT DAC and Optical In for CCA.
Dear mate, what good is the bt in fosi if i wish to use a DAC prior to it.
My intention has been to have a DAC which has bt as well as 3.5mm or rca inputs...
This gives me flexibility of input from chromecast audio as well as bluetooth..
Using an optical output from gca would feed digital signals to the dac.
Bluetooth would give a lot of flexibility it its there in the dac...
SMSL su6 is great.. But for a budget freak like me it's kinna high..

I am just exploring options at my own slow leisurely pace.. Had tried a FiiO Taishan as well but that didn't impress me at all..

Will keep you great folks posted as and when I am able to find something that's practical for me and side by side is I my budget as well..

Explore pre-loved options here, TE and FB. Topping DX3 Pro+ too is available.
Right so I wanted to buy the Xduoo xq50 pro2, and tried placing order multiple times in last few days and it failed everytime... Ultimately its out of stock now...

Couldnt find a decent option in the same price range..
Back to square one both I terms of dac as well as a cd and tape player..

Dear mate, what good is the bt in fosi if i wish to use a DAC prior to it.
My intention has been to have a DAC which has bt as well as 3.5mm or rca inputs...
This gives me flexibility of input from chromecast audio as well as bluetooth..
Using an optical output from gca would feed digital signals to the dac.
Bluetooth would give a lot of flexibility it its there in the dac...
SMSL su6 is great.. But for a budget freak like me it's kinna high..

I am just exploring options at my own slow leisurely pace.. Had tried a FiiO Taishan as well but that didn't impress me at all..

Will keep you great folks posted as and when I am able to find something that's practical for me and side by side is I my budget as well..
Are there any dacs which have 3.5mm or RCA inputs?

The only ones I can think of are MiniDSP 2X4 and flex and those are room correction devices primarily.

Are there any dacs which have 3.5mm or RCA inputs?

The only ones I can think of are MiniDSP 2X4 and flex and those are room correction devices primarily.
Sorry what I meant was a DAC with bluetooth input (along with aptx, aptx HD, LDAC support if possible) along with digital inputs and 3.5mm /rca outputs...
And may be one or two digital outputs as well, just in case I wish to bypass the dac and use the bluetooth receiver functionality.. And feed the output to another dac later on
(Incidentally xduoo xq50 pro2 has all of these)
My bad
Correcting my post now

Edit : can't edit

. Hi
Twice I had tried placing order for an xduoo xq50 pro2 on conceptkart but it failed ans now it's out of stock
Where else can I buy it from???
Or if anyone has any used for sale

Okay so xduoo has come back in stock on headphonezone, but I have hit a wall..
I wish to stream my music (flac files) via chromecast audio, so I need digital inputs in my dac..
The Xduoo doesn't have any digital inputs... It has great bluetooth with all the codecs but after seeing performance of flac files via chromecast audio, I am certain that, I ll have the chromecast audio in my chain...

What to do.. Which dac seems to be having everything that xduoo xq50 pro2 has, along with digital inputs coaxial or optical and are in sub 8k or 7k budget!???

Thanks
I would definitely choose iFo ver XDuoo. Xduoo is cheap chinese, poor quality, my XA10 had a high frequency noise. Very audibly bad.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back