Which DAC to buy?

Audiosector offers a good NOS DAC in kit form that I use-they have two models a standard one and a premium one. Details are available on the diyaudio site.

Magma,
Thanks for the sound advice. I was thinking along the same lines but never having heard either the 0202 or the 0404, I wasn't sure how much was hype and how much real. I will hold on till we get a used or refurbished 404, because currently the new one is out of my friend's budget.
If anyone else owns a 404 and can vouch wholeheartedly for its stellar performance, it will be helpful as well.

Thanks to everyone else who responded to my query so far as well.

-Jinx.

That's actually an excellent DAC. I heard it quite some time back (a year, give or take) and it had a very musical sound. Not the last word in detail, but not the typical fuzzy NOS sound either.

It's actually a clone of the Kusunoki DAC, which is why Peter does not offer it for sale on his website, only through forums. It is available both as a kit and assembled, though I fear both ways it might be out of budget.

Great to hear your impression on the dac. I think it costs around 280$ unassembled and 380 assembled.
Its so unfortunate that we havent been able to pull through the Gamma 2 dac build.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back