Which DAC to buy

Absolutely...almost all the countries have customs duty and the Indian custom rates are in line with worldwide rates more or less...the other countries have higher costs of living, higher labour costs etc but they are able to sell stuff at the same rates whereas the Indian chaps want to make more money and not offer demos....

I do not mind going to a Singapore or HK to buy electronics even if it costs a little extra when you take the air tickets into account...atleast there under one roof, you can audition 5-6 products and then take a decision....

i was very seriously contemplating flying to Dubai and buy my gears. i might have saved some but would have been a better purchase moreover a happy purchase. not to mention saving on months of traveling from one place to another for auditioning.

only one or two people here in Delhi i hold with high regards.

Offtopic, it wasn't a DAC, but I was recently quoted 2 lakh for a device costing less than half that in Europe. The possibility of a discount was mentioned, but when I replied that it had better be good as the price differential would cover the cost of the airfare to go and collect one, I didn't get an answer.

I do not mind going to a Singapore or HK to buy electronics even if it costs a little extra when you take the air tickets into account...at least there under one roof, you can audition 5-6 products and then take a decision....

100 % Correct;
Cannot agree with you more...
Perfect thing to do..

Minor suggestion;
Can you look into this product :-
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Audio-Components/Hi-Fi+Audio/N-50
May work & solve a lot of computer related issues & playback things too.
Just a suggestion.
I have not heard or used it [as yet]

Last edited:
has anyone heard Cyrus Pre-DAC? its a combination of Pre-amp first and then DAC in a sequence.

i heard it with cyrus monoblock and was simply floored.

i am quoted 1.4L but i am sure its negotiable to some extend.

usb is a must..as i generally play FLACs from my PC...im very confused as to which dac to buy..would it be worth shelling out the extra 10k for the M1 DAC..i could rather save money for a Turntable.

I recently bought the Audio GD NFB 15.32 as a blind buy. I cannot comment on the sound yet but you can read several reviews on other forums especially headphone forums. It ticked all the boxes for me and I also liked what the company stands for. It has a decent analog volume control and can be used as a preamp and as a headphone amp besides acting as a dedicated DAC. In some other DACs by the way, the volume will only work if you use it as a headphone amp not as a DAC which I find strange.

It supports USB and optical and in fact supports 32bit USB although for me personally that is not very relevant. I also got the clock upgraded for an extra 20 bucks and they threw in extra USB and optical cables for free.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

The transaction was very smooth - done purely via Paypal and emails, and product arrived on time and decently packaged. No complaints.

I think the company is worth checking out. They have very good upgrade support as well and also have other products with better power supply implementation, fully discrete components, etc.

What I liked the most is that their prices are honest, meaning the prices truly reflect the the extra effort and extra components etc., and not pricing it based on what they think the market will bear.

Last edited:
I recently bought the Audio GD NFB 15.32 as a blind buy. I cannot comment on the sound yet but you can read several reviews on other forums especially headphone forums. It ticked all the boxes for me and I also liked what the company stands for. It has a decent analog volume control and can be used as a preamp and as a headphone amp besides acting as a dedicated DAC. In some other DACs by the way, the volume will only work if you use it as a headphone amp not as a DAC which I find strange.

It supports USB and optical and in fact supports 32bit USB although for me personally that is not very relevant. I also got the clock upgraded for an extra 20 bucks and they threw in extra USB and optical cables for free.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

The transaction was very smooth - done purely via Paypal and emails, and product arrived on time and decently packaged. No complaints.

I think the company is worth checking out. They have very good upgrade support as well and also have other products with better power supply implementation, fully discrete components, etc.

What I liked the most is that their prices are honest, meaning the prices truly reflect the the extra effort and extra components etc., and not pricing it based on what they think the market will bear.

Damn I order the schiit bifrost two days back..If I had seen ur post I would have given the audio GD Dac a serious consideration..I will let I guys know nt views on the bifrost which will arrive with my cousin some time next month..can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks a ton Mazher.... I too had read about the Z DAC but unable to hear it.... If you say it is good, then I will take your word for it as you have tons of experience with computer audio....For $500, if you like it, then it is good enough for me too as i plan to use it exactly like you have mentioned above:
Lap Top - Foobar - DAC - AMP

GO FOR IT...I have it!!

too good vfm

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back