Which Digital Camera?

folks,
just bought canon sx120is. I went for this model because it was within my budget and everybody in the family can use it.
I will take some pics of my equipment and see how it comes.
Thanks everyone for their co-operation.
Regards
vasu

Congratulations Vasu, all the best & do post your experience of the camera.....
:cheers:

hehe and i was just about to post about my F200 EXR.....but very well.....enjoy your camera! congratulations.

Since Vasu has already ended this thread with his purchase, why don't you nevertheless give us your view on the F200EXR? It would certainly help others looking for a option in their quest for a good camera ;)

hehe, it's a pretty brilliant camera......very easy to use, excellent dynamic range, great colours, very good in low light (has a tendency to pick unnecessarily high ISOs if left to its own whims, so you need to limit that manually)......i picked it up on the simple criterion that i wanted the best pocketable camera available......and this fit the bill......it was 17k i think......and so far i've been really happy with it, i haven't had time to do a lot of "photography" with it, but the casual shots it's taken have been excellent. I am a n00b camera user and barely understand the nuances of taking photographs and mostly take stuff on one or the other of the various automatic modes, with some minor inputs from my side.... and I've been happy with the results.

I seriously doubt for the money you'll get a better pocketable camera!

When I do get around to it i'll post some images on picasa or something and link it up.

EDIT. Oh wait here are a few shots taken with it http://picasaweb.google.com/vinay.aravind/Tripath?authkey=Gv1sRgCLOirsis2K-WowE# Not much I know, and not the best way to show off a camera, but will have to suffice till i manage to put up something better.

Last edited:
Took some pics with Canon SX120IS.

HITACHI PLASMA
img0025yp.jpg

FULL VIEW
img0022fw.jpg

CADENCE AVITA
img0021g.jpg

EDIT. Oh wait here are a few shots taken with it Picasa Web Albums - Vinay Aravind - Tripath Not much I know, and not the best way to show off a camera, but will have to suffice till i manage to put up something better.

Hi psychotropic,

Your pictures are indeed good.
But, I have noticed in one of the pictures you have naked wires in binding post. Please cover them up. Just to avoid future problems.

I liked your last picture (Dire Straits CD). Picture quality is good in low light.

:yahoo::clapping::yahoo::thumbsup:

Wow Vasu, great pics of fantastic equipment..... am already drooling :D
Hope you are happy with the Canon
Cheers!

:yahoo::clapping::yahoo::thumbsup:

Wow Vasu, great pics of fantastic equipment..... am already drooling :D
Hope you are happy with the Canon
Cheers!

Thanks denom,
Yea pic quality looks good. Better than Sony W-150 which i had before. I need to see how it fare in daylight.

Some more pics

Pro-ject RPM4 TT with Sumiko Pearl Cart
img0013zo.jpg

Paradigm Sub
img0023jr.jpg

FIM Socket + Siltech Berlin power cable terminated with Furutech plug
img0029cy.jpg

Rear view of Cadence VA1: Power Cable - Siltech Berlin terminated with Furutech, Speaker Cables (Biwired) - Ecosse CS2.15 Solid Core for HF & Ecosse ES2.3 stranded cable for LF. Interconnects - VDH D102 & Siltech London
img0030bg.jpg

Some more pics shot with Canon Sx120IS

img0022bi.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0047fb.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0035lx.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0032iu.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0027lx.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0036q.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0045cl.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi Vasu,
lovely pics. I want to ask you something little offtopic. Do you know anybody or anyshop in calcutta who can make me a acrylic dust cover for my VPI TT. I got a glass cover made from a aquarium shop but its just too heavy.So looking for some acrylic solution.
Thanks.

Some outdoor pics with the same camera.

img0053ik.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0050vo.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0052m.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0051vl.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img0049be.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

AND you ain't thanking me .......... 'right first time'. Was checking this thread, well, I was first to suggest you the camera model ........... yes, others had chipped in too.

BTW, a fearsome collection of sound sources you have. Must have cost you a packet ......... very very impressive ... What are the makes and approx. prices of each ... just for my info ?

And with the camera........ try limiting the zoom within 10X (optical only) for absolute clear pics.........not go over to the digital zoom which makes the pics hazy (but only by a bit).

Have been operating practically the same model for the last 12 months ... only difference being .... 8 MP instead of 10 MP.

wow that's some serious equipment there myriad!! glad to see you're enjoying the camera.

Thanks psychtropic,
As you can see the image quality is superb compare to it's price. Hope i don't get too passionate with photoghraphy or else i will end up buying a DSLR too :)

Hi Vasu,
lovely pics. I want to ask you something little offtopic. Do you know anybody or anyshop in calcutta who can make me a acrylic dust cover for my VPI TT. I got a glass cover made from a aquarium shop but its just too heavy.So looking for some acrylic solution.
Thanks.

Thanks Mahi,
I don't know anyone who does acrylic work. I have heard somewhere that you can get acrlylic welded. You go to Chandni Market. You will find shops dealing in all variety of sheets i.e. HDPC, Acrylic etc. I am sure they will be able to help you.
Regards
Vasu

AND you ain't thanking me .......... 'right first time'. Was checking this thread, well, I was first to suggest you the camera model ........... yes, others had chipped in too.

Thanks Avidyarthy,
Sorry if i missed thanking you though i thanked everyone after purchasing this camera :)

Lovely pics Vasu,
Glad that us forum members helped out one of us with his requirements....
What kind of music do you listen to Vasu?

And with the camera........ try limiting the zoom within 10X (optical only) for absolute clear pics.........not go over to the digital zoom which makes the pics hazy (but only by a bit).

Have been operating practically the same model for the last 12 months ... only difference being .... 8 MP instead of 10 MP.

Point noted.
I am getting back into taking pics after a very long time (25 years or so). I still remember, i had a Yashica FX3. It came with a 42-70 lens. Then i added a Vivitar 80-200 zoom. But after few years i sold off my stuff due to paucity of time and money.

Lovely pics Vasu,
Glad that us forum members helped out one of us with his requirements....
What kind of music do you listen to Vasu?

Thanks denom,
I am glad that i got a very good camera and thanks to each and everyone in this forum for their valued suggestion.
Denom, i am nearing 50 and at this age i no more listen to Iron Maiden , Slade, Nazareth, Grand Funk Railroad or Thin Lizzy. Nowadays it's mostly Jazz, classic rock, hindi and some classical.
Regards
Vasu

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back