Which file format music do you listen on your Hifi system?

soamz

I'm going to invest on my first Hifi system. Since I'm going to put in a lot of money into it, I want to make sure, I get the full output of it and take the advantage.

So normally what audio format files do you listen?
Where do you download them from?

FLAC format will give the best audio quality. If FLAC is not available then look for 320kbps mp3. Discussing about illegal downloads is banned in this forum, but you can download 320kbps mp3s legally from flipkart. Better buy original CDs and convert them to flac format.

I get cds and then convert them to Flacs.. thats the best way to enjoy music from your PC.. if you can afford CD player and can can get cds then nothin better than that..
cheers..!!!

You need to decide on your source for playing music. CDs with a decent CD player is very good. However, if you dont find CDs convenient and want to use a PC/Laptop/Tablet/MediaPlayer as source, then choose the one that supports FLAC. FLAC gives good quality sound. As Sagar told above, I also get CDs but convert them into FLACs as I find them more convenient than CDs

How do you convert them?

And what media player do you use for playing flac?
I have a Samsung blu ray player. I think it can play flac fine.

I normally listen to flac ver thru my Logitech squeeze touch.i hv been using dbpoweramp software for converting all my CDs to flac.infact bought a 3 TB network ext HD ,so as to even play the music on iPad .
I would suggest that do read quite a few pages on this excellent forumn and understand the different options available before u invest.
Also flipkart has some excellent collection on mp3 music.
Cheers

3 TB network ext HD ?

Which one ? Link please. So the AVR directly can play from iPad, iPhone or any attached USB device , or Ext hard disks ?

Directly cant read flac or mp3 from there ?

So, whats the need of an extra media player ? :)

I normally listen to flac ver thru my Logitech squeeze touch.i hv been using dbpoweramp software for converting all my CDs to flac.infact bought a 3 TB network ext HD ,so as to even play the music on iPad .
I would suggest that do read quite a few pages on this excellent forumn and understand the different options available before u invest.
Also flipkart has some excellent collection on mp3 music.
Cheers

dont worry about that right now. foobar is a player like windows media player or winamp used in the PCs/Laptops. If you are not going to use any type of computer for playing songs you dont need it.

I use squeezebox touch for playing music. You can start with your existing BD player(check if it can play FLAC). Subsequently you can use a dedicated player which may be squeezebox/laptop/pc/media player etc.

I suggest you do some basic reading first, and then start asking the questions. I have ripped all of my CDs into flac using EAC. THere are other formats as well used for ripping some lossy others lossless, some players play most if not all formats , others dont.

3 TB network ext HD ?

Which one ? Link please. So the AVR directly can play from iPad, iPhone or any attached USB device , or Ext hard disks ?

Directly cant read flac or mp3 from there ?

So, whats the need of an extra media player ? :)

I had bought the following 3 TB western digital ext HD from Infibeam:

WD 3 TB Network- My Book Live (Need External Power Supply) Price in India, Buy Best Western Digital 3 TB Network Hard Disk Online - Infibeam.com

In case you have an ipad or iPhone , you could download the WD applications and us ethe wi fi connection to do lot more.May be you could see the more details on WD web site,cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back