Which Inveter AC to Buy !!!!

Amit21

Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy inveter AC of 1.5T capacity for my house.
Pls suggest the best inverter AC to choose.

I am looking at AC which consumes the least power as my usage is very high. Pls suggest accordingly.

Brands i am considering are
OG,
Hitachi,
Pana,
Daikin,

Would appreciate if you guys can suggest the pricing also.

Regards
Amit

Amit,
It would be better if you can post your room details like size, how many walls are exposed to sun, does it have an open terrace before finalizing on the tonnage. With inverter ACs its better to go with a higer capacity as it will help the compressor run at a lower speed after the desired temperature is reached, else it will beat the very purpose of investing in an inverter AC.

As for the brand you can choose between O'General (If you are very sure that the after sales service is good) or Daikin, in that order. This again is subject to your bedget. Daikin has both R22 and R410A coolent based inverters ACs, whereas O'General has only R410A coolent for its inverter ACs.

We got a Daikin 1.5T R22 inverter model for my parents room which is 10X10 and having a west facing wall. I paid 43K without stabilizer for this model. Its performance is good.

you can also checkout the thread on team-bhp which has very good details on choosing an AC.

Which home/office AC (air conditioner) to buy ? - Page 173 - Team-BHP

Mods: i am not sure if i can post the link here. If it is against the rules, please delete it.

Hope this helps.

Amit,
It would be better if you can post your room details like size, how many walls are exposed to sun, does it have an open terrace before finalizing on the tonnage. With inverter ACs its better to go with a higer capacity as it will help the compressor run at a lower speed after the desired temperature is reached, else it will beat the very purpose of investing in an inverter AC.

As for the brand you can choose between O'General (If you are very sure that the after sales service is good) or Daikin, in that order. This again is subject to your bedget. Daikin has both R22 and R410A coolent based inverters ACs, whereas O'General has only R410A coolent for its inverter ACs.

We got a Daikin 1.5T R22 inverter model for my parents room which is 10X10 and having a west facing wall. I paid 43K without stabilizer for this model. Its performance is good.

you can also checkout the thread on team-bhp which has very good details on choosing an AC.

Which home/office AC (air conditioner) to buy ? - Page 173 - Team-BHP

Mods: i am not sure if i can post the link here. If it is against the rules, please delete it.

Hope this helps.

Demon
what is the funda of general ac or inverter ac ,,, also coolent R22 & R410a
in general a/c get 1* to 5* but inverter a/c get no * :eek::eek::eek:

what is the difference between both ac system ??/

thank you
somen

Last edited:
Hi Demon,

I have gone ahead with Panasonic Invertor 1.5Tr (Model -S18NKY). I have got this @50K including piping and installation.
I have chosen this over OG and Daikin because of the features it have...I had considered OG, Daikin and Pana based on many inputs (friends, web, reviews etc)....Finally I have decided and gone ahead with Pana.

My room size is 10x10.
Mine is top floor and terrace is open.
1 wall is exposed to sun.

Regards,
Amit

^ and 'inverter' microwave ovens too ......... from none other than Panasonic! How come ..... motor's present there too?

Katrina Kaif selected a 'knocker' of a brand for endorsement! :D Shez really selling! :p

Got the AC installed yesterday....i am loving it ...superb perfomance.....I have already got 1 Bluestar and 1 Whirlpool installed in my house....But this machine is amazing....I must say Invertor AC creates a pleasant environment....
The best part is these AC doesnt gets cut off when the set temp is reached ....its compressor works continuously till the time AC is on and hence it doesnt make you feel discomfort ..traditionally this is the case with Normal Star rated or Non star rated AC machines.

What the hell is an 'Inverter' A/c?

Cheers

I thought it was going to be about an AC inverter! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now I know better, of course. Amit: glad you are staying cool with your new machine :)

all it does is to change the speed of the compressor motor.

And all that does is to to keep your room at a more even temperature, and to save your the current surge every time the compressor starts :cool:

The best part is these AC doesnt gets cut off when the set temp is reached ....its compressor works continuously till the time AC is on and hence it doesnt make you feel discomfort ..traditionally this is the case with Normal Star rated or Non star rated AC machines.

SO ......... don't you think settling for a 'slightly' lower capacity AC than what is required for a particular room would have served the purpose? :p

Yes, only an 'expert' could have had the experience to size it accordingly, BUT could have saved you the big bucks! :D

The uninformed retailers (sorry, shopkeepers) will simply say that the room would not get chilled (thats their language) if settling for a smaller machine, as if one requires to spend time in a deep freeze! AND, of course, the general verdict that the compressor would conk off, if run continuously... ?!

i beg to differ to that logic. to cool the room efficiently, desired capacity is essential. to maintain it, capacity is just being better managed in an Invertor AC. a low powered AC would just keep trying at full capacity... Invertor models take it a choke of notches lower. the electricity bills tend to follow course.

i have 2T and 1.5T Daikin Invertor splits doing the job well since june 2010

Tapatalk on my cdma S2 !!!

All I know about this is what I have read, but I understand that inverter ACs really do offer advantages, both in terms of comfort and in terms of current consumption.

I would certainly like to buy this kind of machine when the time comes to stop spending a few thousand each year on keeping our Samsungs going. I face one major problem, though: The Wife. She just can't get to grips with the basic idea of a thermostat, so she turns the AC on when she is hot, and off when she is cold. Used like that, an inverter machine will be money wasted.

i beg to differ to that logic. to cool the room efficiently, desired capacity is essential. to maintain it, capacity is just being better managed in an Invertor AC. a low powered AC would just keep trying at full capacity... Invertor models take it a choke of notches lower. the electricity bills tend to follow course.

i have 2T and 1.5T Daikin Invertor splits doing the job well since june 2010

No comments ...... justifying to a decision is a right .... democratic right!

Obviously, Inverter ACs are a techically superior product, no doubt, but meant for novices who are open to reduce electricity bills and also want uniform (ness) in cooling/heating ... by paying more!

Equipment sizing is the key, here, heat gain = heat loss (for cooling). A very slight increase in heat gain would allow the compressor to run continuous, obviously at full capacity. But then, you as an user is utilizing the full capacity of a 'smaller' compressor. Smaller compressor, even running at full blast would definitely eat up lesser electricity than a bigger compressor made to run at lesser load by reducing the motor RPM. Won't it? Why pay more capital for a bigger compressor, when logically it is not required?

Good, on one hand people have started accepting that on-off operation takes in higher current load. One year back, there were fierce arguments on that here ........ :)

Yes, Inverter drives come into major play during day and night operations. During day hours the ambient/sun plays a major role, while not so during nights. At nights you could find a non-inverter going into the on-off mode. THIS is where the Inverter stands out! But, a poor man like me runs the AC only during nights .... for a sound sleep. So, my 'low cost' ACs are sized accordingly. Not saying that the day operations are bad, but the 'chill' effect is not there ... :p

the longer an Invertor AC works, the lesser the power draw. my place they run virtually 15 to 18 hours. the higher price paid initially, balances with reduced power bills. power bill reduction in the longer term is the benefit sought apart from the superior tech makes it a no brainer. provided one can afford !

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back