Which is a better Midrange LCD/LED TV?

buzzaro

I was going to post this as a comment on one of the other threads discussing new TCL and Samsung Frame TVs.
But thought it deserved a new post to highlight the factors separating these two TVs.

Hisense is about to launch U7QF (renamed H8G) in India. (https://www.hisense-india.com/television/100-hisense-laser-tv/)

It's a mid-tier FALD TV, which is what drew me towards it. We haven't seen any of the lesser brands try this in India yet.
I had high hopes from TCL, but they seem to be targeting a demographic which does not check out TVs releasing outside of India.

Samsung Frame 2020 has also released their India prices this week. (https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/the-frame-ls03t/QA65LS03TAKXXL/)

H8G review: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8g
Overall - 7.8, Contrast - 8.6, Colour gamut - 7.9

Frame review: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/the-frame-2020
Overall - 7.6, Contrast- 9.4, Colour gamut -8.1

Frame has lower overall score because it does not have Local Dimming that FALD TVs have. Otherwise, it beats H8G in most metrics.

While Frame doesn't have Local Dimming, it has 120Hz screen and VRR.

Both TVs have low input lag not dissimilar to each other. But VRR 120Hz makes Frame a better gaming screen.

On the other hand, H8G has Dolby Vision HDR which Samsung Frame lacks, as all Samsungs tend to do.
Is that too big a deal? I am not too sure on that.

I intend to get the PS5 on launch day, but movies, Netflix are also a priority. Not too big on sports or cable TV.

I don't want to go the OLED way just yet.
Maybe when Sony finally figures out their shit and releases a PS5 compatible HDMI 2.1 OLED which doesn't break the bank.

Right now, I am looking for something around 1 lakh mark, lesser the better.

On paper, Frame seems like a no brainer. But 65 inch costs 1.4 lakh, which imo is too high. Waiting for H8G pricing reveal.

What do you guys think? Any idea if any similar models will release before Diwali/ before PS5?

I’m also looking for a 65” mid tier tv but strictly <=1L. Only 2 decent options right now Hisense H8G (Price ?) or TCL C815 (1L)

Count me in too. Me too in the same boat.

Looking for 65inch TV in 1 lac (lesser the better).

Looks like the options are TCL C8 (MRP 85k), C815 (MRP 1 lac), Hisense H8G (Not sure), Samsung frame TV (MRP 1.4).

The best price I got for Sony X95G 65 inch was 1.53 lac. Is this option better than the others listed above still?.

Will keep an eye on this thread.

Yes, Sony X95G and the newer X95H both are better than the models you listed. They would be my preferred choice if not for the price.

At that price we are already into the 55 inch OLED territory.

In a similar but smaller boat. 65 but less than 80-85k. Was all set on C8 65 but now getting confused. C815 is is 30k more than C8, with similar features except for QLED and 120 hz. Is it really worth the extra 30k?

That is a great price. Sony has an amazing panel, great image processor, FALD and awesome upscaling.

Where did you get that quote from? Was it still open for further negotiations ?

This was from Bajaj electronics Tolichowki branch Hyderabad. I think there was scope for further negotiations.

There isn’t any Bajaj electronics in BLR. Will they be willing to ship me at that price? The best price I got here was 1.62 with Pai International.
Check in Devi international in jayanagar ( Bangalore), am sure you will get a better price
Edit : checked over a call, quoted at 1.67 not sure how much one can negotiate but sure it won't come down to 1.53

Last edited:
Thank you @arunhc - appreciate your gesture.

I checked with three Sony Centers - it's out of stock and no new stock coming. Next will be 9500H, but they don't know when.

Reliance Digital, Croma quoted me same 1.67L. Pai international and Girias don't have in stock. I am sure that Sony is not supplying new units to retailers. Whoever has left over stock are being cleared at 1.67. Tata cliq has it 1.65L and that's the best price I have seen so far for my location, which is north Bangalore.

Wonder what is up with BLR electronic sellers. I'll buy 950G right away if I get it for 1.55L!

So far no luck. Bangalore in general more expensive than other cities, doubtful to get a good deal.

On paper, Frame seems like a no brainer. But 65 inch costs 1.4 lakh, which imo is too high. Waiting for H8G pricing reveal.

What do you guys think? Any idea if any similar models will release before Diwali/ before PS5?

Frame will be a better tv.Last year flipkart had a deal for frame tv on Big Billion Day.It was 10K cheaper with No Cost Emi for 24 months.Anyways if possible wait till Diwali period.you will get much better deal on tvs.

Frame will be a better tv.Last year flipkart had a deal for frame tv on Big Billion Day.It was 10K cheaper with No Cost Emi for 24 months.Anyways if possible wait till Diwali period.you will get much better deal on tvs.
frame has Tizen which is another negative. another 3.5k for the cheapest 4k Android box (Mi 4k box)

frame has Tizen which is another negative

I used to have similar thoughts too. I think it depends on perspective. Tizen OS makes those TVs boot fast and load native apps lot quicker than Android TVs. Compatibility and support is great too. You do miss out on flexibility of Android OS - but then - not necessary that everyone needs that.

On a different note, VU TV was supposed to launch someting big today. They had a flash on their website - don't see it anymore and there is no news of the launch. Did they postpone it?

Hisense seems to have more than half a dozen TVs lined up for launch. And right now Sony doesn't have any 65in option in their stable. Samsung Frame 75in is unknown!

There is so much of uncertainty around these TVs - how can someone have confidence with them!

I used to have similar thoughts too. I think it depends on perspective. Tizen OS makes those TVs boot fast and load native apps lot quicker than Android TVs. Compatibility and support is great too. You do miss out on flexibility of Android OS - but then - not necessary that everyone needs that.

On a different note, VU TV was supposed to launch someting big today. They had a flash on their website - don't see it anymore and there is no news of the launch. Did they postpone it?

Hisense seems to have more than half a dozen TVs lined up for launch. And right now Sony doesn't have any 65in option in their stable. Samsung Frame 75in is unknown!

There is so much of uncertainty around these TVs - how can someone have confidence with them!
They are launching a 2K version of the Cinema TV

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back