Which is best among Samsung UN46F7500AFXZA vs. LG 47la6910 vs. Sony KDL-47W850A

nash2925

Dear Members,

I am new to this community and after reading couple of discussion forums in this website, I am amused that people are having in-depth understanding of Televisions and startled at their miniscule observations.

Well, coming to my case, I would like to gift a TV for my father this month. After seeing, IMAX 3d movies, he was very pleased to have a TV of that quality. Hence, I would like to purchase a 3D TV that gives best movie watching experience.

I am looking to purchase 46-47" LED TVs and narrowed down my choice to below 3 models. Kindly help me in buying a right TV for me.

1. Samsung UN46F7500AFXZA
2. LG 47la6910
3. Sony KDL-47W850A

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Kindly put forth pros and cons of above models.

Nash2925,
I have bought a 47w850a which I got installed at home today due to demo piece getting replaced.

However have to say that the TV is amazing as it has Triluminous display and 3d with passive glasses meaning light weight and not straining on eyes.

Movies I have watched on this TV are (for 30minutes to demo)
Nut Job 3d
Gravity IMAX
Transformers Bluray
IMAX 3d trailers.

Really these are great and blacks are good.

Still to do lots of tuning but the quality is great even then.

SD quality is decent as demoed in store and HD is amazing as well.

Do a demo by downloading some IMAX and other SD HD videos to pen drive and checking them in shop on all TVs so that u can observe the quality.

YouTube app also works great in this and my mom has watched HD TV show as well and loved it.

I own LG 42la6910,though purchased only a few days ago,this TV is also good,though not tested to minuscule level yet. 3D effect and 2D to 3D conversion in this LG set is very good.2D SD quality is little below sony,but full HD videos 1980x1080 (blueay and mkv) give great picture equivalent to sony.youtube play flawlessly with my 512kpbs BB connection,with very little buffering.you can record TV programme on this set to usb drive.if you want to see more of 3D than 2D,than you can opt for this set.
Note: I have not compared the set side by side with sony set by playing same 2D or 3D movie,but it is my own perception.

Last edited:
Sony W950A

in sony active 3D beats passive 3D

more eye strain in passive rather than active

do demo before investing such huge money and later realise became fool by fake reviews... judge urself ..take 3d movies to shop and play..u wiil realise w850a 3d gives more headeche than w950a

and active 3di s ful HD 3D.. where as passive 3D is poor mans 3D with half resolution cut like head of man.

I would rank them as below:

1. Samsung F7500
2. Sony W850A
3. Lg - cant comment, not had a demo

But the same rule stands, please always demo the tv's with various content and then decide.

that right,active 3di s ful HD 3D.. where as passive 3D is poor mans 3D with half resolution cut like head of man.
w24mVL

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back