Which is better cd player under 50k price range

Hi,

Both Audiolab CDT 6000 and Cambridge Audio CXC are CD transports. So, we will be needing a DAC somewhere else in the chain for playback. My pick is Marantz CD6006.

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi

Last edited:
In the present scenario, while selecting a cd player, just comparing the sound quality and reliability is not enough. the availability of spares, especially, the lens, should be taken into consideration. My Quad Cdp 99 cd player is now obsolete. The cd eye is not available to buy, not even in UK.
absolutely.. same issue with my vintage technics cd player

In this group, I doubt if there will be one that sounds a whole lot better than the other. That said, the safer buy would be the Marantz or Denon. It appears they use the exact same transport mechanism. The circuit layout seems rather elaborate in the Marantz, for a CD player.

Marantz CD 6006 reads from USB flash drive as well, apart from Cds. That could be the reason for a complex design. Audiolab is a Transport, So the simplest innards.
Have been using Marantz for 2yrs now, no issues whatsoever.

I have both the Marantz 5005 and the Onkyo C7030. The Marantz creates higher 'highs' and adds some treble-driven sparkle to the sound. Low end seems to be similar from both players. The Onkyo is more neutral but not as impressive in terms of soundstage.

I would say if you don't mind the treble (and your choice of music is less treble-heavy), go for the Marantz. But the Onkyo is spanking good value for money.

I have both the Marantz 5005 and the Onkyo C7030. The Marantz creates higher 'highs' and adds some treble-driven sparkle to the sound. Low end seems to be similar from both players. The Onkyo is more neutral but not as impressive in terms of soundstage.

I would say if you don't mind the treble (and your choice of music is less treble-heavy), go for the Marantz. But the Onkyo is spanking good value for money.
I notice that the marantz 5005 have tad bright in my ears.. but not the 6006 model, its little bit softer instead of 5005

I notice that the marantz 5005 have tad bright in my ears.. but not the 6006 model, its little bit softer instead of 5005
Which amp have you heard the cd5005 with? I have heard the cd5005 paired with the pm5005 and to me that was a fantastic combo! Source-amp sync makes a huge difference

Which amp have you heard the cd5005 with? I have heard the cd5005 paired with the pm5005 and to me that was a fantastic combo! Source-amp sync makes a huge difference
many times with different amplifier like cd 5005 + pm 6006/7004, lyrita pre+power amp, cambridge cxa 60, luxman L550 etc.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back