Which is better for Music - KEF or Klipsch?

Recently our two popular FM @celester340 and @sunand777 have set up excellent stereo system. Both went with Tannoy xt8f speakers with Cambridge audio and creek audio amplifier. Both of them might have auditioned most of the speakers and amplifiers in your range. So it's better to consult with them for help. They may help you in better way. Again audition is the key of great system building..

Eagerly waiting for their inputs.

It will interesting to note their choice and their why's for the recommendation.

Hmmm

So if I have to go with KEF , so the choice is

LS50 wireless (rave reviews; small footprint)
LS50
Q950

Any way thanks for the feedbacks guys. Truly I value this forum immensely. I will let you know what I finally decide.

Hmmm

So if I have to go with KEF , so the choice is

LS50 wireless (rave reviews; small footprint)
LS50
Q950

Any way thanks for the feedbacks guys. Truly I value this forum immensely. I will let you know what I finally decide.
Keep R300 in the list too. Now that they are a discontinued model, you will get good discount.
Cheers,
Raghu

KEF LS 50 Actives all the way!!! They sound good and I heard them during the Bangalore What HiFi show. They are my next purchase if I would move away from my Dali Kubik. Simplicity and great sound in one nice rounded package, with wireless to boot!

These are nice speakers. However, if you are a soft dome tweeter lover, there is a slight lit-up hyper detail which you will notice with these speakers. This can be a good or a bad thing depending upon which camp you fall into.

Hi

Please check this.

Hi all,

Been a lurker for a while....and have been gaining many insights from the many threads. Started with small setups.....but now having a entry level Klipsch 5.1(R601F et al) + Denon x2500h HT.....which is ok for movies.

But the itch for music is ever........so I am planning to get a:

1. Cambridge Audio cxa80/Marantz pm 8006

to pair with

2. KEF Q950 or Klipsch 8000F

So help me guys, which combination will be more suitable?

My room size is around 18x20 sq.feet.
I would suggest investing in a good quality Source ie CDP or streamer depending on your choice of content. Upgrade your speaker next only if you really need it .

Cambridge audio CX80 has a good inbuilt wolfson DAC, which should act as a good source.

If you plan to go with KEF, do ask the dealer how long you can expect the spares to be around. My KEFQ500 purchased in 2011 has multiple driver failure and is still waiting for spares(quite expensive too) since it is a discontinued model.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back