which is better

I got same info as Sony colours looked artifitial than pany.

bro a lot of people go by the sony and the @!@# about the bravia 3 engine - i accompanies my friend to SEE the sony v550 vs the rest - he having set his heart on the sony.

The usual suspects
Sony V550
LG Jazz FHD
Pana Le8
Pana LX80
Pana LX800 (100Hz)
Samsung b530
Sharp (forgot the model number)

The usual Sony HD demo material played including some Airtel DTH

Sony V550 has lots of contrast apparently and looked a lot brighter but panny lx800 and the LG Jazz stood their own. LX800 was great and LX80 too was good. Images and colours were natural - though my friend besotted with the sony raid the colour of strawberries was their NATURAL red and Grass NATURAL Green. (i have been to quite a few golf courses in India and abroad and eaten my fair shair of strawberries around the world but never seen the grass so green or strawberries so red).

The clip from Spiderman 2 looked artificial a rather hifi cartoon (from 6 years into the future) - bright reds on the suit, blacks good but with high levels of contrast and brightness a little washed out on the sony. Panny LX80, LX800 and LG Jazz were very acceptable with the Panny models giving the natural look of everything.

Though SD TV looked acceptable on the now BE3 engine - i remeber the horrible crap the be2 engine provided and almost on par with the pana models. LG was slightly inferior but acceptable.

Still people go for the sony - well I guess sony will be a sony with lots of morons around

Suprateep my friend...so u are a panasonic fanboi and u don't like Sony commanding premium...big deal.
Is it a bad thing if grass looks greener on Sony.and strawberries look out of this world?
I was also sceptical about Sony and was decided on going for Samsung 32B550 until I saw Sony 32v550.To me Sony was much better than Samsung and close to Panasonic but Panasonic has no 32" FHD TV

Last edited:
Suprateep my friend...so u are a panasonic fanboi and u don't like Sony commanding premium...big deal.
Is it a bad thing if grass looks greener on Sony.and strawberries look out of this world?
I was also sceptical about Sony and was decided on going for Samsung 32B550 until I saw Sony 32v550.To me Sony was much better than Samsung and close to Panasonic but Panasonic has no 32" FHD TV

young bro - i might be a panny fanboy but VFM is prime so is quality. Quality is not free but you cannot charge a premium for that.

And regardign colour calibration - panny comes closest to THX standards - sony has poor reds & greens (higher end).

Yes I can colour you blue and myself yellow - we will look out of this world - you from Neptune and I from Mars then - is that natural ????

I lile good products not brands - so yes to a sony ps3 anyday, yes to LG white goods like washign machine, microwave, and yes to panasonic plasma - wish i could afford a pioneer

bro a lot of people go by the sony and the @!@# about the bravia 3 engine

Still people go for the sony - well I guess sony will be a sony with lots of morons around

I think everyone will have their difference of opinion about which TV looks better, as he/ she may look at it differently. So one should buy what he/she sees & likes. After all you should be happy with what you have bought.

Every TV will be good or bad in some way or the other.
I am not sure who are the morons here?

Every TV will be good or bad in some way or the other.
I am not sure who are the morons here?

sometimes i feel we all are :p

Agreed on personal preferences - just that some people say warm sound means less detail:indifferent14:

Hai

I think lower priced sony products are always perform badly. e:g I saw V550 v/s S550 side by and S550 was not really upto the mark.
I really like to buy tx-32lx800. Since I don't have a habit of changing TV's every now and then I would like to make myself future proof. so thinking of going for v550 with full HD

really confused. can anybody tell europen eqivalent model of TX-32LX800 so that I can see the international reviews

thanks

well people here talk about colors which are totaly subjective,what one may like will not be liked by others.
THX is only in panasonic plasma V series and above ,but not in lcds.

no offense to panasonic fanboys ,but the funny thing is that if people like the panasonic lcd picture quality so much why are they in the bottom in sales,despite they being so much cheaper then others,i am not talking about india but worldwide.
the land of lcds i.e taiwan sony is still the leader in sales in taiwan,the place of AUO,CMO,CPT etc with plenty of competition ,there are lcds that are so cheap to buy in taiwan.

Just found out that panny lcd's have 3 year warranty against the industry standards of one year.:)

Are you sure? Asking b'cos, none of the stores visited highlighted this fact ever.

The service center guy confirmed this when he came to give me a demo. I had asked for extended warranty but he said as panny gives 3 year warranty by default, there is no need for AMC.

Thnaks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back