Which is the best cdp under 20-25 K

i know this is a cdp thread
but methinks if moserw were to read this he would
say
20-25k!
get a musicPC with Asus! haha

Venu, take a look at the new 515 (originally and mistakenly written as 151) and 525 CD players from NAD. They are both less than 20K and perform quite well. NAD has revamped the DACs circuitry and they sound nice and clean.

Cheers

By the way I was wondering where can I audition them in delhi. Does any NAD distributor ship to delhi.

i know this is a cdp thread
but methinks if moserw were to read this he would
say
20-25k!
get a musicPC with Asus! haha

Right on magma. I'm just wondering how I missed this thread.

@Venu - At 25K you can have the best transport in a PC (without moving parts) which will be better than any CDP (with moving parts) and also if you want a great DAC in the CDP that way too the PC with an Asus Xonar will come out tops with a great DAC in the Asus Xonar. Either way you win with a PC!

I got a reply from ARN that the CDPS 515 and 525 are in the range 18-20k and they charge shipping extra. Further would like any opinions how these NADs compare against the established Marantz CDP which also costs nearly the same.

I got a reply from ARN that the CDPS 515 and 525 are in the range 18-20k and they charge shipping extra. Further would like any opinions how these NADs compare against the established Marantz CDP which also costs nearly the same.

What's the rest of your setup? It all comes down to synergy. I personally prefer a PC>NAD>CA but many prefer Marantz. My brother swears by them for being more musical than others.

moser, in your ordering, marantz doesn't appear anywhere :)

What's the rest of your setup? It all comes down to synergy. I personally prefer a PC>NAD>CA but many prefer Marantz. My brother swears by them for being more musical than others.

Hi,

I have a valve setup. lyrita preamp and poweramps along with their harmony 1s. Been using an onkyo cr505tx (liverpool range of components) for a source.

Hi,

I have a valve setup. lyrita preamp and poweramps along with their harmony 1s. Been using an onkyo cr505tx (liverpool range of components) for a source.

I've never heard Lyrita so I'm really not in a position to guide you here. I believe the best person to guide you would be Viren so why don't you call him (considering all of the equipment is from Viren).

A PC is a great option though and one I can vouch for personally, but it will require some fine tuning and work to get the best out of it though. Also, I'm not too sure you will want a PC in a beautiful setup like yours.

Last edited:
nice setup venu.beautiful stuff,the acoustic portrait range.must be amazing to listen to.enjoy.cheers

Hi gvenu,

i remember listening to these very same speakers at Siva's home. IIRC, they had 18W/8545 scanspeak midwoofers and d2905 scanspeak tweeters. Superb speakers these! very controlled (and lush) delivery of the frequency spectrum. I also remember talking about the rethms with siva, and recall him saying that the rethms had a very forward (vocal and midrange) presentation unlike the speakers we had just heard. I have heard the proac quite a few years after bangalore, and remember thinking that siva's speakers sounded quite a bit like the ProAc.

i can imagine that (with the corrson PM1 and AM1) the listening experience should be unique, and that you spend quite a lot of time acquiring music to "test" your system.

looking at the picture of your room, i can see large glass windows and a glass-fronted book cabinet to the right of the listening position. I had similar windows (not as large) and a glass-fronted wall cabinet, both of which had unpleasant resonances with the lower frequencies. Of late, i listen in a room in which i have taken care not to allow this interference

I would like to listen to your system someday.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. To complete my set up, I need to add a good cdp/DAC and I would go for a DAC in the coming months!

Mr.Siva is really a wonderful person and he supported me a lot in getting this system!

Concerning my room, it is 25 X 14 and if I place the system on the longer wall side, then I don't have enough space between the speakers and opposite wall after keeping enough gap with the wall. I know this glass windows make resonance especially at lower freq. I will have some thick curtains all along.

You are welcome any time for a listening session!

Thanks & regards,
Venu

According to my opinion the Marantz CD6002 & the CA Cdps 540 & 640 with the amp & speakers and the Marantz sounded more.Really ,its very good.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back