Which miniDSP is better for 5.1 and stereo 2.2 setup

anandshah

Hi

Which miniDSp model one should buy , i Have a 2.2 setup with Behringer Active crossover and want to try miniDSP and later i want to have a 5.1 setup using my existing 2 stereo subs. So i want to use 2.2 for my stereo listing and when i watch 5.1 the profile should take over

Please suggest how to go about and ideal miniDSP also was reading about DIRAC

regards
anand shah
pune

Hi

Which miniDSp model one should buy , i Have a 2.2 setup with Behringer Active crossover and want to try miniDSP and later i want to have a 5.1 setup using my existing 2 stereo subs. So i want to use 2.2 for my stereo listing and when i watch 5.1 the profile should take over

regards
anand shah
pune
For 5.1, you will need DDR -88A. It comes with 8 in 8 out. You can use the left over two channels for stereo.

You can do multiple room correction profiles. Use one for 5.1 and use another for stereo.

Hi

regards
anand shah
pune

What will be your source for stereo and movies?

For 5.1, you will need DDR -88A. It comes with 8 in 8 out. You can use the left over two channels for stereo.

You can do multiple room correction profiles. Use one for 5.1 and use another for stereo.
Thanks Manoj for the reply / suggestion.

Manoj is this possible only in DDR-88A not possible in 2x4HD , I don't mind buying a 88A was just hoping if its possible in 2x4HD miniDSP
Let me be specific. If I have a superb sounding 2.2 setup in stereo. my bass is perfect from my 2 sealed 10" peerless xls each.
Now i wish to have 5.1 so will make a centre and surround speakers. I will use my LR 2 ( of my existing 2.2) and .2 of my existing 2.2 way as sub for 5.1 I have a simple Yamaha RX663 receiver which currently am using as pre out only from my apple TV and from yahama to Behringer active crossover. I will take out the behringer and put the right model of miniDSP then

Last edited:
MiniDSP 2x4 has 2 inputs. If you have to use 5.1 with it, then you can just send 2 LR to it, rest directly to amp and use. However, you still have to do time alignment and level match all the speakers. May be complicated depending upon your setup.

DDRC 88a will give you lot more flexibility, a solid room correction, with four different profiles. It’s more expensive compared to 2x4, but is more suited for multi channel usage.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back