Which Plasma to buy @ Rs 45-50k??

goyal.sanchit

I currently have a 32" Bravia LCD ( Full HD) and a 32" Philips LCD (HD ready). I tried the best I could do to get the "best" pic on my sony lcd but since I dont know calliberation I have accepted the fact that its very hard to get the same quality of image on the tv as is is shown in showrooms. So I have decided that I dont want to go for "LATEST" technology and would want a relatively simple tv as most viewing would be done on Sony LCD and the plasma would be hung in Living room more for the beauty and less for viewing.

1.) I have decided to go for plasma instead of LCD as it would be cheaper and I can get a bigger tv for the same price range.

2.) Usage would be not much.

SO what options do I have and what would be the best bet??

Thnx in advance! :)

Last edited:
Panasonic 42" plasma ? I Have PV8D. However I think I saw new C Series with some new 600Hz feature out in showrooms. Cost 43-46K

Either the basic Panasonic (the C10?) or the basic Samsung (the B430 ), both are excellent. samsung does colours better, panasonic does blacks better, samsung has more tweaking options, panasonic is less prone to temporary image retention. You won't go far wrong with either.

thnx for the replies! :)

1.) What options do I have in Panasonic??

2.) What would be the cost of cheapest 52" inch Plasma?

3.) PV8 or C series.....Which would be better??

And I guess Panasonic is better than LG or Samsung when it comes to "plasma" technology.....is it correct?

And I guess Panasonic is better than LG or Samsung when it comes to "plasma" technology.....is it correct?

The LG 50 inch pq70 is the cheapest 50 inch plasma at 65k approx.

Personally i liked the pv8 better than the c series.

All these brands have their own advantages, Panasonic shows better blacks but samsung has overall better colors and LG has lots of options in the menu.

Fix a budget and look for models from all these three brands and buy the one you like after looking at them playing both HD and SD content.

er no. at the top end they are superb,

but at the budget end they are easily matched by Samsung and in some areas exceeded. Blacks are the only areas where Panasonic exceeds Samsung, samsung does better in most other picture quality related parameters. So it might be helpful if you don't make broad assumptions and look at stuff for yourself.

1.) What options do I have in Panasonic??

well in plasma i would go for samsung B450 if not the panasonic C10.

u can also get a 40B530 lcd for 47k to 49k,along with freebies like dvd player in samsung lcds/plasmas.

u can also get a 40B530 lcd for 47k to 49k,along with freebies like dvd player in samsung lcds/plasmas.

Well, I was looking for a good deal on 37-B530 (two pieces actually) around deewali and the best I could find for a 37" is 49k without any freebies. Where are you getting this deal - 40B530 under 50k?

Well, I was looking for a good deal on 37-B530 (two pieces actually) around deewali and the best I could find for a 37" is 49k without any freebies. Where are you getting this deal - 40B530 under 50k?

well Geotracks bought it for 47k in reliance digtal,two more people in another forums have bought it 48 and 49k.

Did a rough survey of the Market yesterday.

Panasonic c10 was available for around 43K and for 50" PV80 the person quoted 75K !!!! Sounds a bit too expensive too me.

LG-
50pq60= 60,500

Samsung
50B450= 60,500 (On ezone website)

So If I want to buy a 50" Plasma which would be better among LG and SAMSUNG considering price would be almost same. And is 75K the cheapest 1 would get for a 50" PANASONIC and is it worth it??

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back