Which preamp should I get? Do I even need a preamp?

yeah..please read the text below as well.
viz "( ie as long as you have a headphone to RCA cable you need not use a separate Preamp.)"
do you have a link to the product you bought ? if it has a speaker output and a volume control then you do not need a preamp.

an audiophile answer will always be yes..of course you need one :) i have an esoteric C03 pre amp. what an amazing piece of tech. Get it

I'm planning to buy a pair of JBL One 104s from Amazon and I think I might as well get a preamp. Found Aiyima Tube A3, T3 and Behringer Microphono PP400.

A3 uses 6k4 tubes and T3 uses 6A2 tubes. T3 is expensive by 620 rupees. How different do these tubes sound? Also I'm kind of an audio "purist" so I think I should get the Behringer to avoid coloring. However I do like to have warm tone on some songs.

Moreover, I have UMC22 interface which has separate L/R TRS outputs and a headphone output and the speakers are active so do I even need a preamp?

Which preamp should I get? Preamp suggestions (under 7k rupees) are welcome.
1. You don't need a Preamp.
2. Your UMC22 is good enough IMHO for the speakers in question. Start with it, Only frett over DACs if you find it lacking in any regard.

Connect your Souce via USB to UMC22, take out RCA out of UMC22 to 104. You are set.

just a question... are those sony mini hifi component speakers (found on olx) which are branded as 120w better than these jbl?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back