Which soft CD player is perfect for Xonar STX card?

I just used EAC for the first time ever (with Wine on Linux ) and it extracted only to WAV. How can I get it to encode into FLAC directly?

Cheers

You need to set EAC as flac.Same happened to me,I tried config wizard every time I want to rip.then only it works.It doesnt save config settings I suppose.

You need to set EAC as flac.Same happened to me,I tried config wizard every time I want to rip.then only it works.It doesnt save config settings I suppose.

Could you clarify "set EAC as flac" ? Just found this. EAC and FLAC - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase

Now I'm wondering if the Wine/Linux based EAC can make a call to pure linux flac version on the fly and encode directly to flac. (i.e to not install windows flac tools) Will try late night and update.

Thanks.

Could you clarify "set EAC as flac" ? Just found this. EAC and FLAC - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase

Now I'm wondering if the Wine/Linux based EAC can make a call to pure linux flac version on the fly and encode directly to flac. (i.e to not install windows flac tools) Will try late night and update.

Thanks.

I am using XP,when you install EAC & run 1st time,a setup window opens.
It asks which drive to confing> next>,then comes format page where it ask wav,lossless flac(6mb/min), select that continue the rest & try ripping.
Chances are it may encode in wav.Then again run setup & try same options.

It shld work.
You need to give path as said in link posted by you.

Last edited:
Thanks Spiro

I'm experimenting with these instructions Properly Ripping to FLAC with EAC 0.99 | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak

On a late night attempt, I found that some files remain in wav others get converted to flac!! then I find some files with temp names like Ttmp56497.flac which did not get renamed properly inspite of specifying how I wanted files to be auto-named. Looks like the flac conversion is failing on occassion.

Incidentally I'm able to use the linux version of flac cmdline from EAC in wine.
Install and navigation is flawless with EAC0.99b on XUbuntu 9.0.4.

Cheers

Sorry to hijack your thread Amit.

Back to the main topic - I find cplay to be an ordinary console player in linux
Ubuntu -- Details of package cplay in hardy

Nothing at all mentioned about jitter free audio playback. So whats the deal? Is the Win32 version a different one?

Regards

Gobble - a very different one indeed. It has been discussed a dozen times all over this forum. Please look around. If you dont find the link, I will send it to you.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back