Which speakers to upgrade to from Pioneer Andrew Jones SP-FS 52

Vocals will be subdued because of the dip in frequency response.
I personally wouldn't buy this speaker.

Try to lay your hands on Focal Chorus 706 & 700cc. I have these hooked to the 2600 in our living room. Good for music as well. In fact, I was using the 706v s in my main rig before i upgraded to floorstanders last October. Can't bi-amp these though.

Try to lay your hands on Focal Chorus 706 & 700cc. I have these hooked to the 2600 in our living room. Good for music as well. In fact, I was using the 706v s in my main rig before i upgraded to floorstanders last October. Can't bi-amp these though.
Looking for floor standers

I am looking at floorstanders 3050i, oberon 5, wharfedale diamond 11.3 nd 240
Q acoustics 3050i and 3020i have a dip at the vocal frequencies. ( At the crossover frequency)
Better to look for speakers for which you can find response graphs as that's what which really matters.(Based on more than 6 decades of research)

Subjective reviews are "subjective".

Ooh okay, so you think upgrading from my Aj's to them wont make any difference
Difference will always be there as they dont measure the same. But whether you like the imperfection more over the better engineering is a totally subjective thing. Since we have no choice to listen to the artist,s studio, most of the time we end up getting the sound whihc pleases us with thr one or two tracks we test on it. My upgrade path if I am starting with aj would be AJ -> Debut Reference - > Kef R3 -> ME Geithain RL 901K

Difference will always be there as they dont measure the same. But whether you like the imperfection more over the better engineering is a totally subjective thing. Since we have no choice to listen to the artist,s studio, most of the time we end up getting the sound whihc pleases us with thr one or two tracks we test on it. My upgrade path if I am starting with aj would be AJ -> Debut Reference - > Kef R3 -> ME Geithain RL 901K
By debut reference are you referring to elac series??

Q acoustics 3050i and 3020i have a dip at the vocal frequencies. ( At the crossover frequency)
Better to look for speakers for which you can find response graphs as that's what which really matters.(Based on more than 6 decades of research)

Subjective reviews are too non standardised that its really not a good idea to keep them as your basis of selection. Different people/different idea or ideal sound/different hearing/different rooms/different state of mind while listening/ prejudices/biases/inexperiences/ego/pride...the list goes on...

Subjective reviews are too non standardised that its really not a good idea to keep them as your basis of selection. Different people/different idea or ideal sound/different hearing/different rooms/different state of mind while listening/ prejudices/biases/inexperiences/ego/pride...the list goes on...
Happy to see someone on same page

Considering your budget is strictly 75k,
Elac debut 2.0, 5.2
Q acoustic 3050i
Fyne Audio F303
Diamond 240
Diamond 11.3
In that order.

Going for used deals if you have the option or maybe unboxed, you can perhaps even get your hands on a concept 40 for around that price.

I have Q3050i + Q3090ci with Denon 1400H. It's superb. The towers have great reviews anyway. But, special mention to the centre channel.. It's really good.

Elac seems to be low on sensitivity, but even they are designed by AJ,so they should sound superb,i am looking for bright speakers i guess,since the Pioneer's were neutral,how abt the oberon 5 where would u guys place them in the above list.

Hey Prateek. Can you please elaborate on the dip ?
How does one rectify this? If it is a longer discussion -- will ping you on PM. Don't want to hijack the thread :)

How does one rectify this? If it is a longer discussion -- will ping you on PM. Don't want to hijack the thread :)
The dip is due to the crossover frequency..
Its a pretty lengthy topic...
Check this review.. might get a bit complex.

Same website has review of REVEL speakers.. check them too..

Hope it helps..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back