Which Streamer should I buy ?

some/most players don't support the 5ghz network. marantz is finicky these days post updating the firmware my marantz stopped showing my wifi signals(both bands)

I had to connect my Marantz to the router with a physical cable to get the app ro recognize the Marantz.

Have you tried installing the AVR Remote app on your iPad?

If you have and the App still cannot detect the NR1509, try changing your WiFi connection from 5ghz to 2.4ghz (I'm assuming both are configured and available on your wifi router) or vice versa i.e. from 2.4ghz to 5ghz.

I have a similar issue with my Allo Digione Signature where the iPad app does not detect it while on the 5ghz bandwidth and moving to 2.4ghz solves it.
Yes I switched to 2.4ghz which didn't help.
I was trying to add the receiver through the Home app - add accessories which was the given method.
I will try the remote app which you advised.
Thanks

some/most players don't support the 5ghz network. marantz is finicky these days post updating the firmware my marantz stopped showing my wifi signals(both bands)
This happened with me as well. I had to get the network module replaced to get it working.

Have you tried installing the AVR Remote app on your iPad?

If you have and the App still cannot detect the NR1509, try changing your WiFi connection from 5ghz to 2.4ghz (I'm assuming both are configured and available on your wifi router) or vice versa i.e. from 2.4ghz to 5ghz.

I have a similar issue with my Allo Digione Signature where the iPad app does not detect it while on the 5ghz bandwidth and moving to 2.4ghz solves it.
This is what makes the forum so exciting where people share experience and knowledge.
The remote app worked!!!

Thanks a bunch again.

This happened with me as well. I had to get the network module replaced to get it working.
whaaaat?. can a firmware upgrade fry a module? mine is out of warranty.either way i have very little use for it as everything is controlled through the fire stick

whaaaat?. can a firmware upgrade fry a module? mine is out of warranty.either way i have very little use for it as everything is controlled through the fire stick
Can't really say what really happened. Don't think service center does any RCA of failed parts. They advised not to update the firmware.

Best streamer for the price is still Chromecast audio
I agree. I have been using Google Chromcast Audio (GCA) for last 2 years plus, and very happy on Spotify for my music.
I purchased a separate digital cable ( on Amazon , price may be Rs. 300-400 ) with mini plug on one end ( to connect GCA) and Toshlink connector on other end. This allows me to connect external DAC to get digital signal from GCA while by-passing cheaper inbuilt DAC of GCA. This gives great results for low cost GCA.

I agree. I have been using Google Chromcast Audio (GCA) for last 2 years plus, and very happy on Spotify for my music.
I purchased a separate digital cable ( on Amazon , price may be Rs. 300-400 ) with mini plug on one end ( to connect GCA) and Toshlink connector on other end. This allows me to connect external DAC to get digital signal from GCA while by-passing cheaper inbuilt DAC of GCA. This gives great results for low cost GCA.
Sound Quality improvements are in the following order as far as I experienced.

Blutooth --> CCA --> DLNA

Have you looked at the options from Allo?
Allo Usb-bridge Signature Player
Allo Digione Signature Player

Also ifi audio released a new Zen streamer.
Smsl too came with a new model which was recently on the iiwi reviews channel.

Hello Good afternoon
I am Rajeev Kale new member and new in Audiophile hobby. I ready many of your post and was fascinated by your knowledge and passion for music.

Please recommend me good streamer with DAC which will be great on sound quality as well as good user interface from App point of view.
My present set up is
Marantz PM KI Ruby Integrated Amplifier 100 Watt RMS @ 8 ohms
Oppo BDP 103 Blue ray player ( Currently I am using it for Tidal and driving USB hard drive where I have large stock of songs)
Speakers PMC twenty25 23 floor stand

For Home theatre I am using same PMC floor stand and have Denon 7200 WA AV Receiver.
Currently I use Denon music direct as it is Roon tested
I have Roon Software 1 year subscription.
For Spotify I use again Denon because Oppo doesn't recognize Spotify.

The quality out of Denon is below average and Oppo 103 while DAC is good and sound is better than Denon AVR but the user interface Oppo media control app is below average.

Keeping the above in mind please recommend some device which will be good value for money.

I have already done demo of Bluesound node 2 I ( found very average )
Lindeman Lime tree ( slightly better than Node 2 I but the app sucks )
Lumin D 2 I found very bright on sound quality.

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 again not sure about the sound quality and Demo is not possible.

So bit confused now and need expert advise.

Regards

Rajeev Kale.
Hey @Rajeevkale
Have you finalized or bought one?
I will be looking for a pre/streamer/dac soon however I have an eye for bluesound.
Share your input about your decision.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back