Which subwoofer should I buy in 25K -30K range

X man

Am planning to buy a sub woofer to complete my AV/speaker system. What are the good sub woofers -agile and not boomy in 25-30K range - good for between movies and music. What kind of subs should I look for front ported/ down ported or sealed subs.

Which are the good Velodyne/SVS subwoofers. How do they compare with say Wharfedale SW 150/SPC 10 and KEF. Any other option one could consider. Also does SVS have dealership in Mumbai?

I have recently purchased Wharfedale 10.2 speakers and Denon 1312 to power them, need advice on subwoofer. Kindly help to find out matching subs. Regarding room its 12*15*10, and 80% time in Movies/TV via STB rest is music.

Thanks. Should I consider Impact 10 or CHT 8. Are Klipsch subs good as well. Any comments on Wharfdale subs

During my auditions I found the deftech prosub 800 to be very good and above average connectivity options. Impact 10 is highly recommended on this forum as a budget sub and with good reason. But I found it to be less impressive than price comparable klipsch sw350 and the slightly costlier deftech prosub 800. Both of these are 8 inchers compared to the 10 inch impact 10.

Let us know what you end up with. :)

I would suggest Impact 10 or may be 12 if the room size is bigger. I recently purchased the Impact 10 and am happy with its performance. I run it with mmy Denon and Focals.

Thanks all.

What do you look for when you audition sub.
Also is CHT series of Velodyne better than Impact.
How good is Klipsch sub. Also wharfedale has launched a sealed model. SPC 10 i think?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back