Which subwoofer to buy (Bangalore)?

Just curious, how do you audition a sub? Every sub is going to be paired with different pair of speakers.
Totally agree, subs with different speakers in different rooms & gear is difficult to judge. If you are lucky , you may get to audition different brands under the same roof in the same setup on a rare occasion. Else you may need to judge how it performs in the room size as per your tastes. Sometimes they may not be calibrated properly. You may need to take your favourite tracks or movies which you have heard a lot & judge accordingly . The same goes with speakers too in different rooms with different amps driving them with different source.
If a home audition is possible then that would be the best option in your own room.

Last edited:
Hi Nitin,
It’s been a year with the Klipsch and I haven’t felt the need to upgrade, though I keep reading mouth watering reviews of the RELs and the Rythmiks on HFV :)

The take away for me is that one has to be sure about the kind of sound they are looking for in a sub (extension, attack, or both). I was specifically looking for mid bass attack and the Klipsch had it, at a much lesser cost. Which brings me to believe that every subwoofer maker has a house sound that is common across their models. Understanding this will perhaps make buying a specific subwoofer a better informed decision.

It’s sad that REL has joined the surge pricing as we saw with Rythmik.

Funk fan?

The dealer in India seems to be audiophile as listed on the SVS website. Their website seems to be suspended.

I couldnt find SVS on Music Ranch website.pleas
The dealer in India seems to be audiophile as listed on the SVS website. Their website seems to be suspended.

I couldnt find SVS on Music Ranch website.
Please call and check with them. I did auditioned SVS PB1000 in their setup couple of months back. When I was in market for subwoofers, only they had stock of SVS.

The SVS subs in India are unfortunately overpriced. Personally, the PB2000 that I had owned, never got up on its toes and engaged me as a listener. They are “polite” subs going deep, but not hitting hard enough when it matters.
I sold it and bought a Klipsch, which in the subwoofer audiophile world might be considered sacrilegious. The 15 inch Klipsch is pure fun costing half of what a mid range SVS would do. But, that’s me.
If your budget is around the SVS Pro range, then I guess you would have a lot of options around. FM @Nitin K had done a wonderful and useful review on the REL Predator. I also understand that it’s reasonably priced in India. Have you considered that? I bought the SVS solely out its glowing reviews on the net. I urge you to audition as many subs as you can once the pandemic situation becomes safe.
The SVS Pro series is perhaps different sounding, but for me, I am not returning to the SVS stable anytime soon.
I just upgraded from Velodyne EQ Max 12 to SVS PB2000 Pro and it's a monster as compare to earlier one. Movies sounds much more but I guess for music I should have gone for SB2000 Pro.

Using HTS12 with my polk signature series bro .. I bought it for 37600rs

This thing is actually beast if you see amazon global reviews many people will praise its performance it give for that price. most people will compare this to 80k valued subs.

My experience is amazing .. I crossover it at 120hz for movies .. The bass was tight and dynamic experience .. I didnt find any flaws HTS12 is already doing amazing job for 1/3 of its price (SVS might be slighly better but the real question is was it really worth it for that 3 times price ?)

Once go for outside and experience it

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back