Which TV for a living room?

Bharadwaj Bunga

Guys, I have a 32 inch Samsung LED which served my needs well so far. Recently we have moved to a new house and I'm looking to buy a big screen for the living room.

Initially thought of going for LG C2 OLED but our living room has lot of ambient light shining in. Hence OLEDs won't suit my use case.

With my brief research I felt I should get a FALD/Mini LED TV. Now comes the big question! Which TV should I choose ?

My budget: 1-1.3 L

Screen Size: 65 inches

Usage: DTH (2-3 hours a day), OTT (weekly once), No gaming.

Since I'm planning for a dedicated HT room, don't want to spend a lot on this.

Wait for a little longer. By this Diwali prices gonna come down with offers. By then continue your auditioning.
Yes, that's the plan. But I need some suggestions to start auditions. How is TCL C835? Vu Masterpiece Glo QLED?

Any models from big 3 that fall in my budget? X90J?

Yes, that's the plan. But I need some suggestions to start auditions. How is TCL C835? Vu Masterpiece Glo QLED?

TCL do have good products but doesn't have a good after sales service history. Big risk even suggesting their things.
VU masterpiece glow is a "Andhon me kana raja" kind of TV. Bits and pieces of all flagship specs. It is a budget category performer. Can't compare it with any Sony/Samsung quality TVs.
Sony X85J, Samsung Frame (2021), LG Nano 81 all are good TVs around your budget. Sony is overpriced, LG doesn't disclose panel type(mostly IPS) so black levels are poor and Samsung doesn't support Dolby Vision. So there is nothing which can be considered as perfect. Yes, if Sony X90 price come down further within your reach, it can be better than any of the top mentioned TVs. But X90J is highly appreciated product, so availability can be an issue. Don't expect to reach out on the X90K this year with your budget.

Guys, I have a 32 inch Samsung LED which served my needs well so far. Recently we have moved to a new house and I'm looking to buy a big screen for the living room.

Initially thought of going for LG C2 OLED but our living room has lot of ambient light shining in. Hence OLEDs won't suit my use case.

With my brief research I felt I should get a FALD/Mini LED TV. Now comes the big question! Which TV should I choose ?

My budget: 1-1.3 L

Screen Size: 65 inches

Usage: DTH (2-3 hours a day), OTT (weekly once), No gaming.

Since I'm planning for a dedicated HT room, don't want to spend a lot on this.
Highsense U6G might be a good option.

Yes, if Sony X90 price come down further within your reach, it can be better than any of the top mentioned TVs. But X90J is highly appreciated product, so availability can be an issue. Don't expect to reach out on the X90K this year with your budget.
Visited RD & Croma yesterday. Checked few models from the big 3. X90J is not available as per RD sales person. Checked X90K and I'm impressed with it's performance. QN90B is another model that I liked.

How about Frame? Is it good for regular DTH usage?

DO check 55" LG OLED B2 / C2.
Should fall in your budget and you will get an LG OLED.

With your budget, I would only go for OLED or QLED at the least -

Keep a watch on SAMSUNG QLEDs also.
Yes, I did check C2 during my visit to RD. It looked good but how good will it perform in my brightly lit living room is what bothers me.

Visited RD & Croma yesterday. Checked few models from the big 3. X90J is not available as per RD sales person. Checked X90K and I'm impressed with it's performance. QN90B is another model that I liked.

The Frame 2020/2021 versions were good. Can't say the same for 2022 version. I spend a lot of time on all versions of it. Somehow I felt it doesn't look better doing up-scaling, resulting a blurry SD contents. Sony X80J felt better despite of being a 60Hz IPS panel. X80 is at par on full screen brightness.
Samsung QN90 would be costly, lookout for last year's model. It has got better brightness and more dimming zones. It edges better handling of blooming control compare to Sony X90. Sony shines in motion control+color reproduction+up-scaling.

Yes, I did check C2 during my visit to RD. It looked good but how good will it perform in my brightly lit living room is what bothers me.
C2 is bright enough for moderately lit room. It is better a viewing experience than any LED panel TVs. Hands down winner for movie viewing experience. You can make curtains take care of in-coming lights in your room ;)

Personally i would vote for Samsung or Sony LED tvs(little higher on price side).
Samsung make great displays and their Smart TV features also good with ease interfaces.
Samsung tv provides great features with Mobile apps - where u will be able to view TV display on mobile and (vice versa) mirror mobile on TV with good quality . Also casting my laptop wirelessly to TV was simple and it looks great with high resolution.
Also samsung provides some Free Live TVS with their Samsung TV APP and they provide frequent software updates to get up to date.

Consider Sony if you will be watching any SD content which does good job of upscaling + good image corrections.

The Frame 2020/2021 versions were good. Can't say the same for 2022 version. I spend a lot of time on all versions of it. Somehow I felt it doesn't look better doing up-scaling, resulting a blurry SD contents. Sony X80J felt better despite of being a 60Hz IPS panel. X80 is at par on full screen brightness.
Samsung QN90 would be costly, lookout for last year's model. It has got better brightness and more dimming zones. It edges better handling of blooming control compare to Sony X90. Sony shines in motion control+color reproduction+up-scaling.
Having Sony 8000h, i would say, what you say is true, (its 2 models predecessor) for SD contents it is really bright and colourful and the HD content is ok. Rtings have given it a poor rating and so it is not everyone's favorite.

Hi,
I too was once very interested in the Frame.
All said, the QN90A looked way better to my eye than the frame for the same content.
The biggest plus of the frames are flush mounting and the wallpaper gallery, which you have to pay extra for.
--

You said big 3, which LG model did you watch? Irrespective, I'd suggest you choose between the Sony and and the QN90B if you are hell bent on a Sammy. Leave the frame out unless you require that high a waf...
--

But please, please, do read all about the Samsung panel that is available on this forum and the internet.

Regards and good hunting.

I'd suggest you choose between the Sony and and the QN90B if you are hell bent on a Sammy. Leave the frame out unless you require that high a waf...

I have checked FRAME 2021 model yesterday. Apart from its fancy art mode, it didn't impress me much. I'm more inclined towards QN90B/A but not sure how good SD content will look.

I have picked these 3 models. Will choose based on discounts offered and availability during Diwali.

LG C2
Samsung QN90A or QN90B
Sony X90K

From my limited experience I fell when it comes to TV you better stick to Sony, LG or Samsung.

Although I never had good experience with Samsung. They are very good at look and feature set but their product generally don't last long. Atlist that's what my experience is.

LG comes little cheap but in side by side comparison you will find Sony picture and sound quality is better.

Showroom sales man will definitely push you for Samsung or LG as they have good profit margins from these brands.

On any other brand spending this kind of money won't be wise. Atlist in India these other brands don't sell any of their best models.

Go for OLED but i doubt if you will get 65 inch in your budget from these 3 brands. Good luck n happy shopping.

I have checked FRAME 2021 model yesterday. Apart from its fancy art mode, it didn't impress me much. I'm more inclined towards QN90B/A but not sure how good SD content will look.

I have picked these 3 models. Will choose based on discounts offered and availability during Diwali.

LG C2
Samsung QN90A or QN90B
Sony X90K
All are good. Lg c2 is excellent but screen is reflective. Qn90b is very good for bright room.But Samsung does not have dolby vision. Sony probably better in upscaling and can be suitable as your most use is dth. Vu masterglo is an excellent tv in less than 1lac.
Keep eye on the warranty as well. You'll get at least 3 years warranty in Lg, samsung (qn90b was giving 5 yrs last month), but sony most of the time sticks to 1year. Whatever you buy, take extended warranty /insurance.

Visited Vijay Sales just now, got a chance to do a side by side comparison between C2, QN90B and X90J.

Contrast and blacks: C2 is a clear winner

Brightness: QN90B wins

Colors in X90J looked tad bit dull when compared to C2 and QN90B.

X90K Colors are but better than X90J

Visited Vijay Sales just now, got a chance to do a side by side comparison between C2, QN90B and X90J.

Contrast and blacks: C2 is a clear winner

Brightness: QN90B wins

Colors in X90J looked tad bit dull when compared to C2 and QN90B.

X90K Colors are but better than X90J
Did you check out what best prices they will offer, as of today..?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back