Which type of setup is good?

sentinel

I am out for a car audio setup for a hatch.

(A)Usually the recommended setup on all the websites for a decent audio in car is component speakers in front and 6X9 speakers on a plank at the back.If budget permits , a sub.

(B)Some people suggest that speakers at the back are to be completely eliminated because this causes a shift in soundstage to back. and they suggest just components in front and if budget permits, a sub (because this produces non directional output can be placed at the back). In this case i have a doubt whether both the rear and front seat pessangers will be able to hear the music at a decent volume and clarity.

(C)Some suggest to put a component in the front. coaxial in the rear doors. (Wont this cause a shift in soundstage to back )and If budget permits , a sub.

Whats your view on the types of setup? and what do you recommend.

there are many good brands to choose from.do pm magma,neo for better advice.suggestions could be..
HU-pioneer/clarion/kenwood/alpine/eclipse etc
SPKRS-jbl gto series/illusion audio/dls/bull audio/rainbow/hertz etc
AMPS-jbl/ground zero/kenwood/alpine/steg etc
inevitably budget is the deciding factor along with the kind of music u want from it,SQ/SPL.my take would be a HU with time alignment,a good 4ch amp,components for fronts,coax for rears,enclosed sub.of course noise damping material would help extract more from the setup.enjoy the hunt!!cheers

Get a decent pair of components up front and a sub. Use a 4 channel amp to drive these. you can run a pair decent coaxials off the HU internal amp for the rear.

+1 with Audiodelic

if you have the budget, do both stage 1 and 2, else do it in a phase.
Stage 1: HU + Component for front + coaxial for rear
Stage 2: 4 channel amp driving front components and sub

HU:
Medium range: Pio, Clarion, Panasonic Best: Alpine, (Avoid Sony)
Components: Polk, JBL, Illusion etc (Avoid Pioneer and Sony for speakers, subs Pioneer is okay)

In my swift dzire im running
Infinity reference component speakers up front
pioneer subwoofer 12" running off two channels bridged from amp
precision power dcx 1000.4 125w x 4 RMS

@sentinel.
I'm no expert but based on my experience of listeing to various set ups.
The set up selection is car & budget specific.
But most of the times if you get a decent set up of components, a sub & a good amp you should be fine. The head unit is important as well.

If you go for a good set of components & a sub you don't require a 6x9 in the rear parcel tray.The need for a rear fill in the door can also be person specific.

It would help if you could mention your car, buget, taste in music & the brands you are looking at or are available with your installer.

All the best.
Cheers

Can someone comment as to type A vs type B vs type C

After choosing the setup, in any of the setups one can choose the budget and extend its budget selecting the lower grade or highest grade drivers and HU.

(A)Usually the recommended setup on all the websites for a decent audio in car is component speakers in front and 6X9 speakers on a plank at the back.If budget permits , a sub.

Most basic setup is head unit + 4 speakers. Mainly because this can be done without an external amplifier. If you get a sub, you need a power amp to drive it. Most people choose to get a 4 channel amp that will drive the fronts + sub, and run the rears off the head unit.

(B)Some people suggest that speakers at the back are to be completely eliminated because this causes a shift in soundstage to back. and they suggest just components in front and if budget permits, a sub (because this produces non directional output can be placed at the back). In this case i have a doubt whether both the rear and front seat pessangers will be able to hear the music at a decent volume and clarity.

Speakers at the back are meant for rear passengers. If you don't have people sitting in the back most of the time, don't get rear speakers. Whether it will cause a shift in soundstage or not depends on how the system is set up.

I am looking for a decent setup with 4 spkrs. No sub. so without amp, can I drive with only HU?
I dont want pedestrians to listen my car music.

I am looking for a decent setup with 4 spkrs. No sub. so without amp, can I drive with only HU?
I dont want pedestrians to listen my car music.

You certainly can have just the head unit & four speakers.
What is your budget? Car? Choice of music? Etc
An external amp is normally used to give better drive to your speakers & not necessarily to play louder.
All the best.
Cheers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back