Which will be a good DVD player for me?

alladinkachirag

Guys,

I am in hunt of a good HDMI DVD Player for my HT setup. My current setup has Denon-2309 AV receiver, (looking for speakers as in a separate thread), Pioneer DV676 DVD Player, currently have a Samsung HD-Ready CRT (as they call it) which has resolutions upto 720p/2080i. Planning to buy LCD/Plasma very soon as my wife wants to hang the TV on the wall (says it looks good aesthetically). My DVD Player does not have a HDMI out, hence wanted to upgrade the DVD Player too. Since Denon 2309 natively can upscale all signals so I think it does not make any sense to buy any upscaling DVD Player (which will also mean unnecessary expense and feature on the dvd player as I have denon 2309 as scaler). Please suggest some good DVD player which gives superlative picture quality.

Well I will suggest following-

1.Good -Sam 1080p/LG DV 388 =range 4k
2.Better- Pioneer DV610 =6.6k
3.Best Oppo 980 (15k)981(18k),983(25K)

Others can be Denon1740(15k)1940(30k) onkyo 406(15K)

Well I will suggest following-

1.Good -Sam 1080p/LG DV 388 =range 4k
2.Better- Pioneer DV610 =6.6k
3.Best Oppo 980 (15k)981(18k),983(25K)

Others can be Denon1740(15k)1940(30k) onkyo 406(15K)

Hey the prices you quoted seems to be "in another market somewhere"!!! Pio610 I am unable to find below 8.5K and going by the discussions in other threads it seems Oppo983 is not below 35-39K. Though LG and Samsung can be had for the mentioned prices. Sumaria also lists Denon1940 for 27K!!!.

If you essentially need a good transport that would transfer all the latest formats from the disk to the Denon AVR, why not go for a Blu-ray player?
You can get these for 20K+ these days (in India). You would not be disappointed with the results, and your purchase would be future proof too.

Thanks,
Sharad

If you essentially need a good transport that would transfer all the latest formats from the disk to the Denon AVR, why not go for a Blu-ray player?
You can get these for 20K+ these days (in India). You would not be disappointed with the results, and your purchase would be future proof too.

Thanks,
Sharad

Was thinking on the same lines..but currently BD players come for a lot of money.Maybe waiting for couple of months may see a drop in prices...

Was thinking on the same lines..but currently BD players come for a lot of money.Maybe waiting for couple of months may see a drop in prices...

If you read Whathifi feb issue ,you can see price & comparative reviews of Bluerayp.

Oppo983 is calculated price without shipping/taxes.
Pio610 is available for6.6k @ alpha market(grey) in Mumbai.

If you read Whathifi feb issue ,you can see price & comparative reviews of Bluerayp.

Oppo983 is calculated price without shipping/taxes.
Pio610 is available for6.6k @ alpha market(grey) in Mumbai.

On Oppodigital india site they have quoted the price as 42K. I know mumbai enough places for Grey market..but Bangalore everywhere they quote 8.5K+ for Pio610. God if Bangalore can be like Mumbai!!

On Oppodigital india site they have quoted the price as 42K. I know mumbai enough places for Grey market..but Bangalore everywhere they quote 8.5K+ for Pio610. God if Bangalore can be like Mumbai!!

You can try one thing,ask multibrand dealers(croma,ezone,sumariaect) who can give you Pio 610 without bill for 6.6k as grey market.

You can try one thing,ask multibrand dealers(croma,ezone,sumariaect) who can give you Pio 610 without bill for 6.6k as grey market.

Does that work out!!! I will try. Moreover here in Bangalore eZone does not stock Pioneer DVD Player...same with Croma (at Brigade)...Never had any experience with Reliance Digital...

As Samsung 1080p was not available in whole Jharkhand, I bought 'Sony ns708PH' to be connected to Onkyo AVR ad Samsung LCD. Now I came to know that Sony plays only mp3 & divx files on data dvd.

I have 750 UL braodband connection and I downloaded few torrents of movies. Mostly these are xvid, dvdrip MP4 and mpg files . All these formats are not being played by Sony player.Instead many cheap players are capable of playing these formats.

Please suggest:
* How to convert mpeg/mp4/xvid MKV files to be burn on DVD?
* Which dvd player within rs4000 can play more formats on data dvd?

Abhilash

As Samsung 1080p was not available in whole Jharkhand, I bought 'Sony ns708PH' to be connected to Onkyo AVR ad Samsung LCD. Now I came to know that Sony plays only mp3 & divx files on data dvd.

I have 750 UL braodband connection and I downloaded few torrents of movies. Mostly these are xvid, dvdrip MP4 and mpg files . All these formats are not being played by Sony player.Instead many cheap players are capable of playing these formats.

Please suggest:

Abhilash

You can use converters as Dr.Divx to convert to Divx.
A free tool like Mediacoder is good option which can convert DVDs into 5.1Divx.
Only check if Sony is certified for Divx6 or try older version of these converters.

Intex DVDp are available for 2600.China DVDp for 1500,even Soyer.

Please suggest:

Abhilash

Use VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod to convert these media (video) file to the compatible Divx format. Personally I feel VirtualDub/VirtualDubMod work best for me and are also highly rated among video editing/conversion programs....and also it is quite easy to use.

Use VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod to convert these media (video) file to the compatible Divx format. Personally I feel VirtualDub/VirtualDubMod work best for me and are also highly rated among video editing/conversion programs....and also it is quite easy to use.

Another soft which use Virtualdub engine is Autogordknock(autoGK) which supports 5.1 aud.

I checked in Sukh Sagar plaza/market (Bangalore) and Pio610 was quoted for 6.7K without bargaining. So the 8.5K figure is quite high.

Y not try pio 410 ?
its same as pio 610 with only difference that 610 has USB input & 410 does not have it.Both of them play all popular format including DIVX
It sems prices in banglore r quite high . I got my pio 610 from alfa in 6000/- only

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back