White spots in Amazon Basics Speaker Wire

donmathew90

Hey Everyone - Noticed these white spots that are present inside the Amazon Basics speaker wire casing. Is this oxidation? Is it safe to use? Returned the last one I got because it had a lot more of these white patches.
1000164423.jpg1000164424.jpg1000164425.jpg

Its Amazon Basics speaker wire! You can't expect the moon out of them, considering their bargain basement price.
A few tiny white patches here or there isn't going to cause any harm. Honestly, I can't tell you what those white patches are.

Those appear to be marks of abrasion on the outer transparent coating.
Wherever the coating ha abraded, the transparent material has become white opaque.
This is similar to a smooth piece of glass which is transparent, but if you sand buff or abrade a small section, that small section will turn white and opaque.

Hey Everyone - Noticed these white spots that are present inside the Amazon Basics speaker wire casing. Is this oxidation? Is it safe to use? Returned the last one I got because it had a lot more of these white patches.
View attachment 82391View attachment 82392View attachment 82393

I dont think there will be any impact to performance. If its a concern then return this and buy another brand whose price and specs range is closer to the amazon one.

not sure if talcum/magnesium oxide or chalk are used in audio cables.
else this could be some mould grown inside the cable - due to moisture.
- I would assume this as the most likely case as these are in patches.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back