Whom should I buy

mreddyj

Friends,
Wish we had another forum with the title "Whom Should I Buy from ? " :) & here is the reason

Any reciever that you choose and if you start digging around for good deals you will start finding someone offering little less than the others. This margin is hardly 10% or so, however out of my experience in the last 3 months i have seen this variation to be very huge and if it were easy i would stick to the least price but i feel there might be a catch so i am in a state of confusion.

For example take Marantz SR series for a specific model which has MRP 125k

Vendor #1 is offerring at 110k
Vendor #2 is offering at 100k
Vendor #3 is giving at 95k
Vendor #4 is giving at 82k

& now the best part ...

Vendor $5 is ready to give at 75k without any GST.

Now all the above folks are giving with Bill & it covers warranty and thats what they say. Now when i try to negotiate with a famous vendor stating the prices, they are mentioning these not real ones and they are made elsewhere...blah blah .what not. Now how i do i trust this, what is the guarantee that the guy quoting the high price is selling really the genuine ones....

I am really really confused and on the verge of taking a chance and picking the least price. Please let me know your thoughts. If you feel quoting the prices is inappropriate, please delete this thread and accept my apologies in advance.

Now all the above folks are giving with Bill & it covers warranty a

Even the vendor#5? If it is indeed "without" GST then either
the bill is not Indian or it (the bill) is not genuine.

Friends,
Wish we had another forum with the title "Whom Should I Buy from ? " :) & here is the reason

Any reciever that you choose and if you start digging around for good deals you will start finding someone offering little less than the others. This margin is hardly 10% or so, however out of my experience in the last 3 months i have seen this variation to be very huge and if it were easy i would stick to the least price but i feel there might be a catch so i am in a state of confusion.

For example take Marantz SR series for a specific model which has MRP 125k

Vendor #1 is offerring at 110k
Vendor #2 is offering at 100k
Vendor #3 is giving at 95k
Vendor #4 is giving at 82k

& now the best part ...

Vendor $5 is ready to give at 75k without any GST.

Now all the above folks are giving with Bill & it covers warranty and thats what they say. Now when i try to negotiate with a famous vendor stating the prices, they are mentioning these not real ones and they are made elsewhere...blah blah .what not. Now how i do i trust this, what is the guarantee that the guy quoting the high price is selling really the genuine ones....

I am really really confused and on the verge of taking a chance and picking the least price. Please let me know your thoughts. If you feel quoting the prices is inappropriate, please delete this thread and accept my apologies in advance.

Frankly there is no such thing as not original, its either grey or duty paid ( sourced from authorized dealer you will get a bill which will show GST (fake figure) this is how it is being done by all the dealers now after GST, its internal networking to save GST and pass on the benefit and discount to customer. Obviously service or no service will get to know only after any issue.

Even the vendor#5? If it is indeed "without" GST then either
the bill is not Indian or it (the bill) is not genuine.
yeah its obvious Bill is not Genuine (without GST) but its good enough to get warranty service as long as it is sold by Authorized dealer.

A fake bill means without bill and any bill without GST is supposed to be a fake bill and even if warranty card is stamped by the dealer, warranty will be void without a proper bill.

A fake bill means without bill and any bill without GST is supposed to be a fake bill and even if warranty card is stamped by the dealer, warranty will be void without a proper bill.

i agree without bill there is no grounds. But you are saying when we approach for warranty they would refuse to acknowledge because there is GST on the bill?

i agree without bill there is no grounds. But you are saying when we approach for warranty they would refuse to acknowledge because there is GST on the bill?
frankly they have no mechanism to detect if the GST(fake figure) shown on bill has been paid or not.

Whether GST paid or not is not the point but GST has to be mentioned in the bill. The importer or indian agent of overseas dealer has to pay IGST alongwith customs duty, educational cess etc and he gets input tax credit from his outward supplies. If your dealer does not collect GST from you then the importer will not get the tax credit. Hence the loss will be borne by the importer. So such a case will amount to a fraud on the part of the dealer who is selling the product to you. So you just collect the correct bill with GST amount correctly mentioned with proper Bill number, date and GSTIN mentioned therein.

IMHO, any electronic item whose country of origin is outside India would have been charged IGST. The invoice given by the local dealer has to indicate his GSTN ID without which it does not hold any value. For service related issues, I guess the service center will at least validate if the bill is genuine or fake depending on who has issued it (Whether authorized dealer or no). I just can't buy an equipment from XXX and hope that it would be covered under warranty, service center has every right to refuse service unless the equipment is sourced from authorized outlets.

Thanks & regards,
Rajiv S Kulkarni

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back