Why are posts deleted w/o informing FMs

pupupuchi28

There have been several instances of posts being deleted / not published, without informing the contributors. What are we trying to prove "Authoritarian' approach to moderate or "Damn you" or a "Discriminatory" approach.

I can understand instances where the rules are broken, but other than that there is really no explanation for such an act.

Please explain?

Its remotely possible that your post is deleted and do not know 'why' :banghead:

But you are saying there is a remote possibility :)
The entire thread was deleted. It wasn't started by me and it was on "For sale by owner" section.

But you are saying there is a remote possibility :)
The entire thread was deleted. It wasn't started by me and it was on "For sale by owner" section.

I dont think the mods are obligated to informing anyone while deleting a thread that doesnt comply with the rules. I am sure if you bother to read the rules, you will know why the specific thread (I am not sure which one you are talking about) was deleted. You expect mods to inform you while deleting a thread, the mods expect us to read the rules and not start threads that break the rules.:)

I dont think the mods are obligated to informing anyone while deleting a thread that doesnt comply with the rules. I am sure if you bother to read the rules, you will know why the specific thread (I am not sure which one you are talking about) was deleted. You expect mods to inform you while deleting a thread, the mods expect us to read the rules and not start threads that break the rules.:)

Please don't assume without any background and draw conclusions based on them.
Mods are definitely not obligated but they dont have right to delete threads and posts that don't break rules. And I'm talking of one such 'clean' thread.

There have been several instances of posts being deleted / not published, without informing the contributors. What are we trying to prove "Authoritarian' approach to moderate or "Damn you" or a "Discriminatory" approach.

I can understand instances where the rules are broken, but other than that there is really no explanation for such an act.

Please explain?

I would appreciate if members took the time out to check with the mods before making such comments.

To clarify, all threads that are inactive for over 30 days in the For Sale By Owner forums are automatically removed from display.

You can however view all the threads in the For Sale By Owner forums by scrolling down to the bottom of the "For Sale By Owner" forums and selecting the time periods in the Display Options box and clicking on the Show Threads button.

25f6bye.gif

As you can see in the pic above the default time period is from the "Last Month"!

I would appreciate if members took the time out to check with the mods before making such comments.

I think this is a very good piece of advice for all but esp. when someone has a disagreement or concern before starting to cry foul like the OP.

Message to the OP and others within similar intention is not to get testy when you require clarifications.

I don't think any mod has acted in an 'authoritarian' manner in my experience in my view and I would seriously re-consider participating in this forum if it came to that.

To clarify, all threads that are inactive for over 30 days in the For Sale By Owner forums are automatically removed from display.

You can however view all the threads in the For Sale By Owner forums by scrolling down to the bottom of the "For Sale By Owner" forums and selecting the time periods in the Display Options box and clicking on the Show Threads button.

25f6bye.gif

As you can see in the pic above the default time period is from the "Last Month"!

Hi Moderator. Thank you for this. I think for me, the 'For sale thread' is marked @ last 100 days. Three days after I posted my comment in the 'For sale thread' (not owned / started by me), the thread went off. A easier way to find out the posts that we made is from Own profile > 'Statistics' tab > 'Find all posts by XYZ'. There's none over there, as well.

I can't recall the thread or the owner but the discussion was something like this. The thread owner was warned by the Mod for bumping. The thread owner just posted somthing like, 'are there any takers @ such attractive price', that too almost after a week from previous post. But then I pasted similar other posts where thread owners just elaboarted (say by saying 'This product has blah blah awards, its great etc and two para of appraisal on the product) instead of a straight cut bump and that is not restricted by Mods. Strange... but different treatement.

Wish I could recall the owner or the thread :mad:

Back