Why do ppl here have weird names?

I also agree with you. Sometimes it becomes difficult to remember their real name and forum name. Another thing in my mind comes, why people don't mention their location in their profile and every time other members keep asking them to share their location. I agree, it's obviously one's own choice to choose their id as per their choice and show or hide their location, but I am sure providing those info, it will help them and others to get help easily

Last edited by a moderator:
2111 is a weird last name. Just as "forever" is a weird first name. ;)
dude atleast you can tell my name.
If akshit was available i wud have been more than happy :)
Since its a personal choice i just wanted to know if there are any perils of disclosing ur real name.

Hahaha guessing the post is pointed at pple like me :)

Haha Not to anybody particular Navin :p

It's a handle that one can choose on a public forum. Nothing to do with hiding or revealing any identity. It's better than having names like abcd1, abcd2, abcd3. Rather choose a funky handle people would identify you with. As for my handle, I have been using it since my college days when we used play games over a local network in hostel.

MaSh

It's a handle that one can choose on a public forum. Nothing to do with hiding or revealing any identity. It's better than having names like abcd1, abcd2, abcd3. Rather choose a funky handle people would identify you with. As for my handle, I have been using it since my college days when we used play games over a local network in hostel.

MaSh

Yours is Ok
Problem is when someone PM's you Hi Akshit
then how wud you reply " Hi Devil"
funny no?

And absolutely not for me !!!!
You have a cute name though :p

Many of us may be very weird people. It would be weird if we did not have weird handles also.
Ya but a little below that weird handle ur real name though in small font wud have been little handy.
doesn't take away the weirdness :p
just a though!

Yours is Ok
Problem is when someone PM's you Hi Akshit
then how wud you reply " Hi Devil"
funny no?
Ha ha just use the handle as is. If you have a connection in the airforce, some of the handles the pilots and navigators use will split you into two.

MaSh

Ha ha just use the handle as is. If you have a connection in the airforce, some of the handles the pilots and navigators use will split you into two.

MaSh
Chalo as u say sir :) utmost respect for you ppl despite funny names :p

Hi guys

I have had this question in my mind for long!
Why do FM have weird names as their user ID
I am curious to know the principle behind this.
Is there something in hiding your real name?

Anonymity can be a great form of protection. It's the reason why things like voice modulators/voice morphing, ski-masks and internet aliases exist (okay, maybe not the sole reason). All of these things can let you act with less inhibition. They allow you to do things that maybe you wouldn't do if people knew your real identity.

Now we'll never know if "removing the veil of anonymity" -- as Akshit put it... would create a "more positive environment" on this extensive forum network.

Anonymity can be a great form of protection. It's the reason why things like voice modulators/voice morphing, ski-masks and internet aliases exist (okay, maybe not the sole reason). All of these things can let you act with less inhibition. They allow you to do things that maybe you wouldn't do if people knew your real identity.

Now we'll never know if "removing the veil of anonymity" -- as Akshit put it... would create a "more positive environment" on this extensive forum network.

I think it wud have a positive impact.

Some day if my wife wud ask "whose planting these stupid ideas in ur head"
And i wud say "my frnd hellraiser" lol!

There was a time we used to go online to chat anonymously, but nowadays we go Offline for being anonymous... Life has changed a lot.

BTW, no comments on weird forum IDs ;);)
(mine is reminiscent of the time, when I hardly controlled my anger).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back