Why I bought Samsung 32C530 from grey market???

Is someone aware of Samsung Grey units available in Bangalore? I am told only Sony is available.

I don't, manufactures (still) usually do with their sub par QA.

prankey u/v cnt generalise on one incident...

if u say so then y did u still chose samsung? same manufacturer right which was being sold at retail store and grey mkt? now if us say u got diff manufatcurer then I would say the indian manufatcurer didnt jst manufatcure a single piece that too defective and too was being sold to u...I am sure there would lakhs more in the mkt...but no1 else has reported that issue.

It was jst a case of a bad dealer who tried to sell you an old stock which was kept in a poor maintained warehouse...worse he tried to sell u a demo piece...but luckly u were saved n now happy with ur brand new piece...

I think it has more to do with delaers than the manufacturer or the co.

chill kar njoi ur tv baki sab bhaad mein jaye ;)

njoi...

next kya lene wala hai?

Last edited:
I would like to clarify certain things:

All grey mkt pieces are not Smuggled/illegal pieces!

I have seen ppl in kol travelling every alternate day buying lcd/led/electronics coming to india clear the Customs and then sell it for a some decent profit. I went to bangkok and met a lot of such ppl, they even offered to buy the electronic of our choice, give them the model no. they will go to Big C mall or other mall in BKK and call u bak with the price details n once confirmed they will purchase it for you! in that case u get sony international warranty.

But, talking of exp my fren bought a sony lcd40" for 75k frm grey in mum when mkt price was 91k...it ran fine for 1.5yrs then his HDMIs port went dead and he had no option but to replace the whole circuit for which he was quoted 15-20k...

but then sony india also gives a years of warranty...so its more of a luck thing and anything else...

cheers

All grey market stuff may not be smuggled, but most are sold illegally w\o being accounted for taxes, so its illegal. A lot of guys do bring it in bulk from BKK and SGP through legitimate route and sell it off here illegally considering the price difference, but one panel replacement and there goes some bulk cash.

So you think Grey market is the solution for sub par treatment of Indian Consumers ?, How many of us can really assure that the flat panels we bought today are very reliable compared to a CRT set ?, the parts replacement cost of these sets itself is a big downer for anybody taking this route you just cant compare it with buying a mobile phone from grey market.

I was in SGP last year Jan and was planning to pick the ex500 or ex 710 considering the huge price variance, close to abt 23k for the ex 500 and almost 30k for the ex 710, but upon reading about the panel replacement costs and all those vertical line issues, i dropped the idea. Call me whatever you want but i don't wanna take chances on this.

The only people who i feel can go for this option are ones who have lots of moolah to play around with :D

All grey market stuff may not be smuggled, but most are sold illegally w\o being accounted for taxes, so its illegal. A lot of guys do bring it in bulk from BKK and SGP through legitimate route and sell it off here illegally considering the price difference, but one panel replacement and there goes some bulk cash.

So you think Grey market is the solution for sub par treatment of Indian Consumers ?, How many of us can really assure that the flat panels we bought today are very reliable compared to a CRT set ?, the parts replacement cost of these sets itself is a big downer for anybody taking this route you just cant compare it with buying a mobile phone from grey market.

I was in SGP last year Jan and was planning to pick the ex500 or ex 710 considering the huge price variance, close to abt 23k for the ex 500 and almost 30k for the ex 710, but upon reading about the panel replacement costs and all those vertical line issues, i dropped the idea. Call me whatever you want but i don't wanna take chances on this.

The only people who i feel can go for this option are ones who have lots of moolah to play around with :D

y worry when you get international warranty? when you planned to buy it from sgp you could have declared it in red channel, paid duty and bought it home. Sony does give international warranty on its LEDs for a yr! normally also u get 1 yr warranty in India. after one yr anyone and everyone is on their own :(...except in a case whr extended warranty has been purchased.

^^^
I have heard of Sony international warranty for laptops like VAIO ..etc, i doubt if they have it for TV's as well. If we were still in the CRT era i would have bought one blindly :D

Oh damn...I did not start this thread for battle ground of grey vs white. All I wanted to share was that under what circumstances I bought from grey. I also agree from price : risk perspective there is not much difference as it used to be earlier. Its just that there are many dealers who try to play con/spoil the show. I also agree all are not same, there are good dealers as well.

So, guys buy where ever your heart and mind pleases :) Grey or White all look color in lcd's once at home.

prankey u/v cnt generalise on one incident...

if u say so then y did u still chose samsung? same manufacturer right which was being sold at retail store and grey mkt? now if us say u got diff manufatcurer then I would say the indian manufatcurer didnt jst manufatcure a single piece that too defective and too was being sold to u...I am sure there would lakhs more in the mkt...but no1 else has reported that issue.

It was jst a case of a bad dealer who tried to sell you an old stock which was kept in a poor maintained warehouse...worse he tried to sell u a demo piece...but luckly u were saved n now happy with ur brand new piece...

I think it has more to do with delaers than the manufacturer or the co.

chill kar njoi ur tv baki sab bhaad mein jaye ;)

njoi...

next kya lene wala hai?

You are confused dude, I didn't buy it! I am still looking around for a decent Full HD TV (preferably 3D capable) with a decent 3D Bluray player.

^^^
I have heard of Sony international warranty for laptops like VAIO ..etc, i doubt if they have it for TV's as well. If we were still in the CRT era i would have bought one blindly :D

For me, CRTs were more fragile than LCDs. Convergence errors, focusing, calibration to name a few while buying them as they were VERY inconsistent in those terms. And I had worst experience with a Sony India Trinitron as it was a no match to what was sold through Grey Market. I still regret the decision of paying almost twice for a proper Sony India product to discover quality issues which were very minimal in International version.

Sony India sucked big time in their quality of manufacturing and it still seems to be the case as my bro-in-law lost his panel within 3 years. He payed around 15k to replace the basic 32" HD ready panel when a Brand New 40" BX400 was available for Rs.35k (almost half the cost of Sony India). If the same would have happened in a grey piece atleast the initial investment would have been low.

Cud anyone suggest for any trustable shop in Gaffar . I have visited Singh electronics(gaffar) on sunday and they were quoting rs 28K for 32ex400 sony .:clapping:

Any idea about best Price of samsung 40c530 in Gaffar ?

Hi! Sandy, I bought my lcd from this shop itself (Singh electronics) for 27k Samsung 5 series lcd. As far as Sony 34Ex400 goes its price is 26k at any shop in gaffar. And also many shops there do not have this model now as its getting phased out. So now they've new Sony 32CX52 for 27.5k.

The prices of lcd's in gaffar keep changing every day, but going high is worst case scenario.

You are confused dude, I didn't buy it! I am still looking around for a decent Full HD TV (preferably 3D capable) with a decent 3D Bluray player.

For me, CRTs were more fragile than LCDs. Convergence errors, focusing, calibration to name a few while buying them as they were VERY inconsistent in those terms. And I had worst experience with a Sony India Trinitron as it was a no match to what was sold through Grey Market. I still regret the decision of paying almost twice for a proper Sony India product to discover quality issues which were very minimal in International version.

Sony India sucked big time in their quality of manufacturing and it still seems to be the case as my bro-in-law lost his panel within 3 years. He payed around 15k to replace the basic 32" HD ready panel when a Brand New 40" BX400 was available for Rs.35k (almost half the cost of Sony India). If the same would have happened in a grey piece atleast the initial investment would have been low.

oops still i think it will make sense reading what I wrote...

Even I had few experience similar in Chennai and made sure the dealer replaced it. But not all dealers are this bad. I would have rather bought from a good dealer paying 30k than 27k grey.

I understand your frustration happens to all of us. IN this I am at least happy J D electronics is careful about HFV members and they ensure they get the best as they dont want to spoil their name.

My suggestion is, if in Delhi someone can do what had done with JD it will be great. The dealer will get good business and we get good service
hi,
do u have pany 42v20?plz quote price?i need sealed pack only

sealed pack...:lol:...:lol:...:lol:...
anybody hear about hair dryer sealing?famous duplicate sealing in chennai burma bazzar.its look like original sealed pack.my friend bought iphone duplicate cealed pack in burma bazzar.

sealed pack...:lol:...:lol:...:lol:...
anybody hear about hair dryer sealing?famous duplicate sealing in chennai burma bazzar.its look like original sealed pack.my friend bought iphone duplicate cealed pack in burma bazzar.

Buying iphone in burma bazzar and sealed :lol:

Just curious, and slightly OT, but, are there any shops in Gaffar or other grey market of Delhi which sell Onkyo HTiB?

I had a similar experience with my LG HDTV purchase last to last year. I was delivered a used/demo piece at my home. I called the owner immediately and gave the bashing. I was promised that I'll be delivered a new piece soon and till that time I can use the TV.

I did that way. In three days time, I was delivered a new sealed piece. It would be worth mentioning that I had to scare the dealer a lot to get that otherwise it'd have been a different story.

thanks for suggestions, i know what i want. Anyways, its just like that i trust unknown grey market guys more than any friendly sugarcoating dealer.

There is 7k difference at least in best prices. Yes, if you know someone have good contacts then you can get good offers. For masses, i believe there is not much scope of getting it below 34k.
please suggest some electronics shop for led tv in gaffar market

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back