Why is arc not working?

I have connected my Denon AVR 2113 to Sony 55x9000e and it works flawlessly. I am also getting 5.1 DD audio from Netflix as well as Amazon prime. As my AVR can't decode DD+ on ARC, I am getting on DD. Both the devices communicate flawlessly for Audio,Video and Power.
My settings....
AVR and TV connected via HDMI ARC Port.
Activate ARC on both the devices like HDMI control " ON" in AVR settings Video/HDMI setup/HDMI Audio Out- "AVR" & HDMI Control " ON", Auto Lip Sync - "ON"
TV side is little tricky, need to "On"HDMI ARC, then Sound /Speaker- " Audio system", HDMI audio source " Auto", Digital Audio out " Auto", A/V Sync " Auto" , advance audio setting/HDMI ARC/Input " DD or DD+"

I will try after I get home and in front of the system.
Cheers,
Raghu
Update on experiments tried after committing to FM @Akshit2111

I had connected optical cable connected between TV and AVR to handle TV audio on AVR.
No brainer as this is what I had done when soundbar was in play.
Last weekend, I dug out an HDMI cable and connected it to ARC ports on both ends.
Sound output from AVR rig. Yay!! I was thrilled (like I reinvented fire or something)

Sync'd with FM @Akshit2111 over WhatsApp, gave him "gyaan" and posted pics of AVR setting and he said he'll try it out.
Then I remembered opt was still connected. Disconnected TV end and really checked if the ARC works. It does.

I had to clean up some unwanted cabling on AVR side (like opt cable, and some others).
Move sub to another position using longer cable.
So went about it (wife was watching TV - something on Netflix).
After finishing I switched on AVR and told wife to switch the TV output to ARC.
Sound output from main speakers. Again thrilled that I didn't mess up anything (little pleasures in life).

Here is the kicker.
TV automatically switched to ARC mode output as soon as it sensed AVR powered on.
Also I can now control master volume and mute operations via TV remote.

All in all I am getting closer to a power off/on AVR off/on solution for better sound.
Just like it was with soundbar.
I feel like Superman!!

@Akshit2111 hope it works out at your home too.

Cheers,
Raghu

Guys working now!
Removed all the cables.. plugged them again.. did all settings again.. now its working absolutely fine.. in tv audio settings i can see dolby digital now. Only pcm and dts neo was available before.
Relieved!!

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back