Why is my REW measurements inconsistent

Hari Iyer

Installed REW V5.19 in my laptop and did all the regular setup. But when I do a repeat measurements with the speakers within a short span of 30 sec all the same setting and mic position, the readings are way way different and do not agree with each other. Tolerance will be 70+% and this makes for me REW very unreliable. I have read all the help file and all other forums for some setup issue but found none. I am not telling if the measurements are right or wrong. Even if it's wrong it should be consistently wrong. But it's not. Looking for pointers.

BTW, the new laptop is AMD, with win 11 and my previous laptop was Intel with win 7- if that matters.

Hi Sir :)

A common previously voiced issue was Number of sweeps and sweep length if i remember right. I think they suggested a single long sweep at 128k or something to get consistent results. Available RAM was another issue. So maybe better to clear the catch and try again :)

I installed the version 5.20 and selected the correct microphone UMM-6 now.nin this version it repests twice making it look confusing. After that figured out that my input levels were very less -85dB. Increased microphone volume ot display level at -50dB. After that everything worked as expected. Now all measurements are very consistent. I had done this setupbalmost 10years ago and my memory has faded since then. Thanks for inputs.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back