Why NCR/Gurgaon is the AV/power shithole of the country

corElement

Very simple

Powercut/voltage cuts every 15odd mins forcing you to switch your amp and all other devices back on every time. So if you listen to your setup 5 hours in a row thats 10 approx times your amp goes off mid songs.

We dont use a UPS but point is why should you have to?
Whoever lives in this region and faces this and hasnt invested several thousands into power backup, I feel your pain.

Simple solution ......... why stay in Gurgaon then?

It is more of a concrete jungle .... virtually, no greens, no gardens, and sky high speculation-linked real estate prices. And, mind you, the real estate is under the control of the mafia who manupulate it as per their requirements. People choosing to stay there just have to go by what has been demanded.

Why not bring your 'bori bistaraa' to New Delhi .... lots of greens, wide, well maintained roads, moderately good quality power (quantity too). Yes, parking your vehicle could be an issue sometimes ....

Try it out for 2-3 months and then decide where to keep on living, instead of getting :mad:

Staying in Faridabad since last 3 years and I have no issues with power as such. I live in a society so they have a separate transformer installed to regulate the voltage supplied, also they have a 24x7 power backup solution for which I don't pay anything extra except the upfront maintainance charges every month which is minimal considering the cost of fuel.
I run my entire setup through APC Ups which gives me additional protection against power surges via Generator power as well as it regulates it well. Costed me close to 15K when bought but its worth every penny as it gives me a peace of mind to operate my gear without any worry.

not just ncr buddy, it is same everywhere in india, i have a backup genset for home and and an apc ups for av setup and workstation .Not a single day the the genset was not operating

Move to Chennai guys. No power issues here, excepting when another state (unnamed) draws excess power from the grid. That is also very rare nowadays.

Cheers

not just ncr buddy, it is same everywhere in india, i have a backup genset for home and and an apc ups for av setup and workstation .Not a single day the the genset was not operating

borg,
when compared to other states and other places in India Kerala is far better. Atleast Tvm is leagues better than Blr.

From what I understood and was told by my av suppliers if I use any UPS on my av equipment the warranty is void.

Plus my entire setup is nearly 2000w it'd cost me a fortune to backup everything.

It's sad and disgusting.

Yep! One more vote to Chennai!

A few years back, Delhi's power cuts were limited to the summer months. But now I guess the situation has worsened.

The power problems in the vast majority of this country are a nuicance like many other nuicances that we have to simply learn to live with in India. For, these problems are not going to get solved any time soon, probably not in our life times atleast. Keeping that in mind, one thing I don't understand is, that in a country where property is so expensive, that why the very small, relatively, additional expense of power backup and power regulation, bothers us so much.

From all the threads here, the NCR really seems bad with power cuts and voltage fluctuations.

Bangalore also has its share of power problems, but we have learnt to work around the power problems. Would never move out of Bangalore just for this. Serious listening or movie-watching is always done late night. Thankfully, we don't have to much of voltage fluctuations.

with the increasing usage of ac in cities like chennai and delhi, will surely be a perennial problem, although last couple of years have been good in chennai. May not be so much of a problem for cities like B'lore which are not ac dependant.

From all the threads here, the NCR really seems bad with power cuts and voltage fluctuations.

Bangalore also has its share of power problems, but we have learnt to work around the power problems. Would never move out of Bangalore just for this. Serious listening or movie-watching is always done late night. Thankfully, we don't have to much of voltage fluctuations.

you have noooooooooo clue how bad the situation is. Today ive had to switch back on my amp atleast 50 times.

South is much greener and lesser power problems. Delhi/NCR situation has worsened after privatization of electric supply. The bills have inflated and quality down. DESU after all was not all that bad.

But heard somewhere, the situation will improve after the CW games. Dont understand the connection though.

Simple solution ......... why stay in Gurgaon then?

It is more of a concrete jungle .... virtually, no greens, no gardens, and sky high speculation-linked real estate prices. And, mind you, the real estate is under the control of the mafia who manupulate it as per their requirements. People choosing to stay there just have to go by what has been demanded.

Why not bring your 'bori bistaraa' to New Delhi .... lots of greens, wide, well maintained roads, moderately good quality power (quantity too). Yes, parking your vehicle could be an issue sometimes ....

Try it out for 2-3 months and then decide where to keep on living, instead of getting :mad:
+1 to that, yes water can be an issue on somewhat regular basis in certain parts of Delhi. The only reason I can see for living in Gurgaon is if your office is really close by.

But heard somewhere, the situation will improve after the CW games. Dont understand the connection though.

That is a real tall story. Unless the production of electricity goes up, or the consumption comes down, I see no way the situation can improve. It is simple economics. The Prime Minister today lamented that the nation lost 40,000 crores every year in transmission losses (which I am sure includes non payment and simple theft of electricity). He has set up a special committee to look into the issue as if the EB Chairman does not know what is happening.

As I said, a real tall story.

Cheers

Yes there is a lot of theft of electricity in places like uttaranchal and many other places around india. People take connection suitable for one a/c and use three. India needs more power generation and thats the only solution, consumption realistically will never go down.

Last two days in south delhi no power cuts/trips at all even with the heavy rains. But ive heard gurgaon and noida have been really bad in terms of power.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back