Why We Remember Music and Forget Everything Else

Analogous

“Music is inherently bound up with personal identity, and so [when people can] identify pieces of music without a lot of information, it’s often music from their youth [which can trigger] what we call the reminiscence bump in autobiographical memory,” “Older adults have a good memory for certain songs from their youth because they listened to that same record over and over … It can bring back your memories from that time period when you were having these self-defining experiences.”

Read article here:

I thought current age music is shitty and not comparable to 90s, early 2000s age.

But of a few good albums here and there current bunch of music directors dont compare to likes of Ilayaraja and ARR in tamil. It applies to english music as well imo.

Even current ARR does not compare well against the ARR of the past and so on..

It could be the growing older thing as mentioned in the article..

I thought current age music is shitty and not comparable to 90s, early 2000s age.

But of a few good albums here and there current bunch of music directors dont compare to likes of Ilayaraja and ARR in tamil. It applies to english music as well imo.

Even current ARR does not compare well against the ARR of the past and so on..

It could be the growing older thing as mentioned in the article..
I think young people listening to contemporary music they love will remember these with nostalgia many years from now. I remember my mom was not fond of Led Zeppelin that I listened to in my teens (many moons ago)
But then some music is timeless and is liked widely across generations.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back