wifi connection with AVR

iamroshann

hello guys, i want to connect my mobile with my avr (Denon x1200) ,how can i connect it via wifi.
plz give me the solution. i have paradigm cinema ct 100 attached with it.

,thank you

Hi

Since you have the latest AVR you need to read the instructions manual which typically mentions that you can pair your phone through Bluetooth.....

The Wifi antennae on the AVR is meant to pick up internet signals to play net based radio stations etc....

hello guys, i want to connect my mobile with my avr (Denon x1200) ,how can i connect it via wifi.

,thank you

How are you trying to connect your phone to the receiver? Denon App or Airplay or something else? Is your receiver connected to the wifi and able to access internet?

MaSh

,thank you

Whats the intended purpose ..

1. Connect mobile to control the AVR functions
2. Connect mobile to push songs so that you can listen them via the AVR?

For 1st we have the Denon App on android and ios

for 2nd, I believe UPnP/DLNA or Airplay is your best bet, then Bluetooth if its supports bluetooth.

Buy a Chromecast Audio, get a Mini Toslink to Toslink cable and plug it into one of the Toslink inputs on the Denon.

You can stream from any PC, NAS, the mobile and many online sources like Spotify, Tidal, etc. Many Indian services too.

my main concern is to play songs, i tried it with bluetooth but my device(moto g 2) does not support it but my brothers mobile(Sony xperia z ultra) does. as my avr is not connected to any wifi(internet), can i connect it through my mobile wifi directly? and i have denon app also but i dont know how to use it. now i am buying aux cable to connect my mobile. any other option to connect mobile to avr?
||Thank you for the reply||

Easiest way is bluetooth. Your mobile (moto g2) should connect with avr through bluetooth. Did you try 'pairing mode'? (if not refer the manual).

I will second what regeHa said. I had the same requirement, and Chromecast Audio is the best option that exists today. no compromise on sound quality, and it only costs $35 (not sure how much in INR) - so it is easily the cheapest wireless solution that exists today.

my main concern is to play songs, i tried it with bluetooth but my device(moto g 2) does not support it but my brothers mobile(Sony xperia z ultra) does. as my avr is not connected to any wifi(internet), can i connect it through my mobile wifi directly? and i have denon app also but i dont know how to use it. now i am buying aux cable to connect my mobile. any other option to connect mobile to avr?
||Thank you for the reply||

Your AVR (and your mobile as well for that matter) should support Wi-Fi Direct, a.k.a Wi-Fi P2P to achieve what you are asking. I don't think your AVR (or any AVR mid range segment for that matter) supports wifi direct. The only options are the ones discussed in the thread ....

Plus connecting to wifi does not necessarily mean internet, your mobile and AVR should be on the same LAN, thats all you need to push songs from mobile to avr using the methods discussed here. If however you opt for chromecast then your chromecast device should be connected to internet as well for it to work .....

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back