Wifi extender

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

So basically I have two tvs, one in the hall and one in the bedroom, with the wifi router somewhat in between them. However my tv in the bedroom is slightly further away from the router hence the tv is unable to connect to the wifi from the router. I was told I need an extender. I tried using a plug and play extender I bought from croma once but I was not able to configure it since my computer skills are in the negative.

Any ideas or guides please to extend the wifi to my bedroom? Btw getting a super fast 100mbps Airtel connection in a couple of days. Can’t wait!

Which brand and model extender you are using? It also depends on positioning the extender between both rooms...this is a painful task....you will need to have time for this....

I am sure the instructions or website of the extender would have some helpful tips

Last edited:
So basically I have two tvs, one in the hall and one in the bedroom, with the wifi router somewhat in between them. However my tv in the bedroom is slightly further away from the router hence the tv is unable to connect to the wifi from the router. I was told I need an extender. I tried using a plug and play extender I bought from croma once but I was not able to configure it since my computer skills are in the negative.

Any ideas or guides please to extend the wifi to my bedroom? Btw getting a super fast 100mbps Airtel connection in a couple of days. Can’t wait!

I know configuring routers and extenders can be a painful task. Your requirement is merely to get the wifi signal to the bedroom and I suppose, considering that you are getting a high speed 100mbps line, you will not mind a little drop in speed in the bedroom. For such a simple requirement, I am sure the plug and play extender from Croma will work fine. Just ask someone who knows to set it up for you and you'll be good to go.

Best wishes

A very simple way is connect another router with your main router with a Ethernet cable
Place the secondary router right next to your TV
Both sides of this Ethernet cable will go in the LAN port of both routers

Only negetive side is that you will see a wire running in your house. Obviously one can put it in the white casing readily available

If that wire from one router to other is possible for you then this is the most cost effective solution and without any data loss generally associated with WiFi.

Also if you have an ethernet port in your TV you can connect it to the secondary router via LAN cable. That will result in zero bandwith loss

On the seocnd router, disable DHCP server and put IP of the primary router as gateway

Thanks guys.

Kishore I got a plug and play from Croma. That didn’t work. It also requires configuring. Rest of the stuff I just cudnt understand. Just not technically inclined at all. I guess I’ll call some computerwaala and pay him a 100 bucks to set it up.

Rikhav can’t have wires running around. Plus my bedroom is a lil far from my hall. It’s got to be wireless.

Then try POE (power over Ethernet)

Basically this system transfers data by your existing electrical cables

I think it should be on same phase. Need two similar devices .one will connect to router via wall plug
And seocnd where ever you need connection

Speeds are hit and miss though

Your existing repeater also won't be able to let you enjoy full bandwith of your internet to devices connected via the repeater

I dont think configuring an extender is a complicated task, for a common man it might get challenging as most extenders operate in fixed channel and work form same brands, it does work with other brands but thats going to get more tougher for non computer folks. To ease up such situations google came up with google mesh which is fairly simple and u probably would find something similar if u search around.

p.s my home is running about 4 routers, 3 in repeater mode diff brands, two of these also has a PoE uplink and I come from network background.

Then try POE (power over Ethernet)

Basically this system transfers data by your existing electrical cables

I think it should be on same phase. Need two similar devices .one will connect to router via wall plug
And seocnd where ever you need connection

Speeds are hit and miss though

Your existing repeater also won't be able to let you enjoy full bandwith of your internet to devices connected via the repeater
Power over Ethernet is power in Ethernet cables not network in powerlines.

Power over Ethernet is power in Ethernet cables not network in powerlines.

My bad
Wanted to convey about transferring data by electrical cables and wrote Poe
Which as you said is power over Ethernet cable

Thanks for correcting the error

In case, you want powerline adaptor let me know. I have a brand new TP Link AV2000 lying around.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back