Will interverter use damage my LCD?

frnd08

I sometimes use my KLV26T400A Bravia on inverter which is Microtek 800VA, and it is NOT Sine wave (its trapezoid wave). will this damage or reduce the life span of my LCD?

square_modified_sinewave.jpg

The square wave output has a high harmonic content which can lead such equipment components to overheat

Modified Square Wave emulate a Pure Sine Wave output, Modified Square Wave inverters do not offer the same perfect electrical output, they produce electrical noise, For example, in many TVs and stereos it may cause a "grain" or small amount of "snow" or show "horizontal lines" on video picture, or "hum" on sound system.

Pure or True Sine Wave inverters provide electrical power similar to the utility power you receive from the outlets in your home or office, which is highly reliable and does not produce electrical noise or interference associated with the other types of inverters. With its "perfect" sine wave output, the power produced by the inverter fully assures that your sensitive loads will be correctly powered, with no interference

I have been using a LCD TV and a LCD computer monitor with a SuKam 'pure sine wave' inverter for many years, without any issues.

Yesterday I again had a discussion with Raj from Profx Bangalore, on this topic. He was still sure that most of the 'pure sine wave' inverters do not provide a good sine wave and should not be used with Denon receivers, otherwise the warranty would be considered void.

thanks,
Sharad

i have a close friend who is a co-promoter with a company manufacturing one of the best on-line UPSs in the country, Kaveri (Kaveri Powertronics - India's first DSP Controlled UPS).

from their background, since they were the first company in India to introduce the Truly Digital Online UPS System, they believe that owing to the very high switching frequency used in UPSs, the introduction of unwanted harmonics into audio is unavoidable.

consequently, they have been recommending CVTs for these applications (to me and other audio enthusiasts).

i myself am using a CVT for both audio and video (separate) devices (from a company called Bhurji, again recommended by them and referred to in a few other posts). only, there is no power backup in the case of an outage.

some of the senior members have suggested this may not be the best option, though, for various reasons.

to me, the jury is still out on this one.

I have been using Dell 2408WFP LCD panel with PC for last one year on microtek 1KVA UPS. No immediate damage, dunno about long term life affecting issues.

Cheers

i have a close friend who is a co-promoter with a company manufacturing one of the best on-line UPSs in the country, Kaveri (Kaveri Powertronics - India's first DSP Controlled UPS).

from their background, since they were the first company in India to introduce the Truly Digital Online UPS System, they believe that owing to the very high switching frequency used in UPSs, the introduction of unwanted harmonics into audio is unavoidable.

consequently, they have been recommending CVTs for these applications (to me and other audio enthusiasts).

i myself am using a CVT for both audio and video (separate) devices (from a company called Bhurji, again recommended by them and referred to in a few other posts). only, there is no power backup in the case of an outage.

some of the senior members have suggested this may not be the best option, though, for various reasons.

to me, the jury is still out on this one.

actually i was talking about LCD televisions.

Its not a laptop - its a regular desktop with a 24" LCD monitor :)

Most invertors are advertised as useful for TVs, dunno if thats only for CRTs

TVs are tropicalized and made resistant to voltage fluctuations AFAIK

Cheers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back