Will this make a good Digital Music Source

Do u own a pc...not a netbook...if u have then u can go for Asus Sound Card ST/STX...it has great sq...Check for the reviews...i have never compared it SB's DAC but guess ST/STX wud beat it

I have a HTPC completely dedicated for movie projection. I dont want to keep the PC, in the living room wall-unit for music listening.

However, I thought of building a mini-ITX based small PC for music listening. Even such small build, sounds like overkill (atleast to me) for music listening. Thats when I thought of using netbook and external soundcard/DAC as alternate choice.

SBT when modded , beats CDp in mid range....
confirmed by many

as easy as dac source to play and HighQ too .only solution but a lil higher price range
yup one needs DIY skills to do that

SBT when modded , beats CDp in mid range....
confirmed by many

as easy as dac source to play and HighQ too .only solution but a lil higher price range
yup one needs DIY skills to do that

What type of MOD? Software / Hardware? Can you elaborate?

Thanks for the link. Lots of things will make more sense, only after I get my SBT in hand. I will experience the default system, before tweaking anything in it.

My logitech SBT reached today (yes on sunday!!) and here are some pics

dsc0019ze.jpg

dsc0020fa.jpg

dsc0022nmc.jpg

dsc0024rx.jpg

dsc0025mk.jpg

dsc0026uc.jpg

Logitech do some very classy packaging for squeezeboxes. What a shame it alll goes to waste!

Congratulations on your new "friend." There's lots to hack around with, but best to take each step slowly.

Enjoy :)

Thanks.

First impression is good. Currently using a 160GB HDD (external powered)

I liked internet radio in that.
Play list created using winamp (.m3u) is not recognising.
All ID3 Tags of tamil songs, I keep in tamil. Though it shows in tamil, it is not proper. May have to do some tweeking with UTF, after some reading and googling.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back