rohigupt

Hi all..

Just wondering if any company makes speakers with following features:

1) active
2) wall mounting feature
3) dac inbuilt
4) has digital input to connect to apple tv for wireless playbak
5) remote control for volume and on/off

Genelec 8130a comes close to this but has only xlr input which is difficult to connect to apple tv for home use.

Airplay enabled speakers are there but 1 box solution. Ideally i wud want left n right channel with a gap.

This setup is for bedroom where i can have 2 speakers mounted with no wires accept power supply.

Rohit

Last edited:
Hi all..

Just wondering if any company makes speakers with following features:

1) active
2) wall mounting feature
3) dac inbuilt
4) has digital input to connect to apple tv for wireless playbak

Genelec 8130a comes close to this but has only xlr input which is difficult to connect to apple tv for home use.

Airplay enabled speakers are there but 1 box solution. Ideally i wud want left n right channel with a gap.

This setup is for bedroom where i can have 2 speakers mounted with no wires accept power supply.

Rohit

A couple of interesting products come to mind.

Audioengine W3 - Audioengineusa.com

Audioengine D2 - Audioengineusa.com

Note: I haven't used them personally, but on paper it looks good as a wireless option.

audioengine d2 wireless technology may be good..but few takers..
apple airplay is more widely used nowadays, and other manufacturers like marantz, denon etc. are incorporating airplay in their products. also, apple's iphone, ipad, ipod etc. have good displays and therefore work as great remote controls for browsing music, selecting and playback.for wireless capability - apple airplay is standard now.

now, chain is like this: airplay -> dac -> amp -> speakers.
so a digital active speaker will have last 3 components, all built-in.
if it also has airplay built-in, its costs will be very high as apple must be charging a lot for airplay licensing. airplay via apple tv is Rs.5000/- approx.

alternates to expensive genelec 8130a :
1) all in one box solutions like b&w zeppelin air (expensive)
2) something like aktimate maxi with digital input

cheers !

The Dynaudio Xeo 3 and 5 are nice pieces of hardware
But holy sh*t they are expensive (1300 and 2700 resp)

All Genelec digital/dsp models including the 8130A that have xlr AES/EBU inputs also support SPDIF signals from coaxial outputs of home audio players

I think the best solution is the avi adm 9t.although its expensive at 135000.i have compared it to a friends b&w 805 with nad master series amp and both of us found avi better.I use it with apple tv and am very happy.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back