Wireless surround speakers for Yamaha AVR

rksingh1

Dear FMs,

I have a Yamaha v585 and it is currently running at 3.0 setup with Polk S55 and S30 speakers. I am looking to add rear speakers for dolby effect. It is a wire management nightamare for me to run the cables from front to back without ruining the house. I am looking to add rear wireless speakers to achieve this objective.

Now, adding Musiccast 20 and 50 will work, but they cost a fortune. 40k INR for rear wireless speakers of not that great quality is not a great investment. Are there better ways for me to add rear wireless speakers to my setup?

Regards
Ravi

Last edited:
Thanks @apbinu - these are fairly expensive too, isn't? 16k for these + 15k for good rear speakers, they add up to good 30k.
Going wireless will definitely cost you. If not interested to spend much why not use a carpet on the floor and run the wires below?

why not use a carpet on the floor and run the wires below?

For rear right I can,but for left, carpet may not work due to location and passage design of the house. House maid lifts the carpet every day to clean the floor.

Wireless music isn't cheap for sure. Musiccast 20k pair I would have gone. 40k is double the expected price.

Budget of 20k - I think you can look at Rocketfish (16k) + JBL Control One / Bose cube (4k - nego avbl on olx) else if you want to buy new ones then it will set you back by 8k, URL's listed below. JBL Control One / Bose cube are excellent if you want to add them as rear speakers.

Dear FMs,

I have a Yamaha v585 and it is currently running at 3.0 setup with Polk S55 and S30 speakers. I am looking to add rear speakers for dolby effect. It is a wire management nightamare for me to run the cables from front to back without ruining the house. I am looking to add rear wireless speakers to achieve this objective.

Now, adding Musiccast 20 and 50 will work, but they cost a fortune. 40k INR for rear wireless speakers of not that great quality is not a great investment. Are there better ways for me to add rear wireless speakers to my setup?

Regards
Ravi
I was in the same boat not too long ago
Eventually realized that both from a cost and SQ perspective, wired is the only optimal solution
It took me a while to get the layout right but the eventual solution was to route the wires through off-white plastic channels that closely follow the point where the flooring overhang meets the wall
In my case, i even had a window in between the path so the channels were routed along that path
Now unless you go looking for it, you won't find anything visible or distracting ...

Nonetheless, I will probably get new wiring channels embedded within the wall when I get the house repainted next after a few years - but until then, this is almost as good as that
I can share pics if you want

Pls do - might give me ideas/motivation to go the wired way. Thank you.
Sure
If you look at the two pics attached - I have drawn purple arrows to show the path taken by the wiring channels.
Even though the part closer to the floor isn't visible, it's practically invisible as the channel sits aligned to the floor tile overhang/wall
The only part that is noticeable is the section marked in Red for the ATMOS speakers..

Is this perfect? No..
Will it hold good for a few more years till I need to get POP/painting work done - surely yes

InkedA1CFFC51-D782-4614-B445-559535E619BB_LI.jpg

InkedD1BAEDB8-D7B6-4B87-9ED3-58A7437A182F_LI.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back