With only RCA Ports Bluetooth adapter Vs. Bluetooth adapter with Optical Digital port

Will there be any major difference in terms of audio quality while connecting Audio source to AV Receiver through

1. With only RCA Port Bluetooth Adapter
(Like: Logitech: Logitech S-00144 Bluetooth Audio Adapter)

2. With Optical Digital Port Bluetooth Adapter
(Like: Belkin SongStream Bluetooth HD Music Receiver or Bose 727012-1300 Bluetooth Audio Adapter)

Both the Bluetooth adapters will be paired with Mobile devices like Apple phone or iPAd or Android smartphone.

Thanks.

Re: With only RCA Ports Bluetooth adapter Vs. Bluetooth adapter with Optical Digital

Please don't go for a Bluetooth device, it will limit audio quality severely. It is limited to 300 kbps, strictly MP3 and AAC audio.

Choose something with wireless streaming like Chromecast Audio or similar devices.

If your content is going to be strictly MP3 quality then Bluetooth should be fine, in which case I would choose with a digital output. It will always give you the opportunity to introduce a better DAC down the line.

Re: With only RCA Ports Bluetooth adapter Vs. Bluetooth adapter with Optical Digital

Please don't go for a Bluetooth device, it will limit audio quality severely. It is limited to 300 kbps, strictly MP3 and AAC audio.

Choose something with wireless streaming like Chromecast Audio or similar devices.

If your content is going to be strictly MP3 quality then Bluetooth should be fine, in which case I would choose with a digital output. It will always give you the opportunity to introduce a better DAC down the line.

--------------------
Thanks a lot.
I did not think about Chromecast Audio. Now I looked at Chromecast Audio device and I feel this is better option than Bluetooth.

Even Chromecast Audio got Optical Port. Thanks a lot.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back