Wooden boxed preamplifier as check in luggage.

himadri

Hi friends
On a visit to Kolkata for a marriage , I would like to carry back the new preamplifier (wooden boxed) from First note labs as check in luggage in the flight. Is it allowed or should I anticipate some issues?It is well within the 15kg limit.
Cheers

Hi friends
On a visit to Kolkata for a marriage , I would like to carry back the new preamplifier (wooden boxed) from First note labs as check in luggage in the flight. Is it allowed or should I anticipate some issues?It is well within the 15kg limit.
Cheers
there should not be any problem of your carrying the preamp as check-in baggage.
Only electronic items that cannot be switched off is not allowed as per the banned list published.
At the worst, they ay ask you to open the bag to check.

So no issues as per my understanding.

Baggage handling in commercial flights is an apathy. so ensure lots of cushion while packing and let there be no rocking after packing.

Put the wooden box inside a cardboard box or wrap it with bubble wrap since they might say that the wooden box may damage other luggage in it's proximity while handling. No problem whatsoever if you do that.

Also keep a bill or a receipt stating the description of the item and no batteries are inside. Last time I faced multiple questions while carrying my amp from Kerala to Delhi.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back