Woodstock speakers 75 watts RMS per channel- Recomend Amp

Nostalgia

Hello Audio enthusiasts! I have a pair of Woodstock speakers , I am not sure of the model number but it is the one with 5 speakers per enclosure - 12" Woofers, two 4" midranges and two tweeters (a paper tweeter and a dome tweeter), with a rating of 75 watts RMS per channel. I have been using these speakers with a Technics AMP SU -X911. I am not sure if the SU-X911 is able to drive these massive speakers. I was wondering if changing the AMP will make a difference. Are the Woodstock speakers being underutilized ? Your suggestions please. Thanks - Nostalgia.

Hello Audio enthusiasts! I have a pair of Woodstock speakers , I am not sure of the model number but it is the one with 5 speakers per enclosure - 12" Woofers, two 4" midranges and two tweeters (a paper tweeter and a dome tweeter), with a rating of 75 watts RMS per channel. I have been using these speakers with a Technics AMP SU -X911. I am not sure if the SU-X911 is able to drive these massive speakers. I was wondering if changing the AMP will make a difference. Are the Woodstock speakers being underutilized ? Your suggestions please. Thanks - Nostalgia.

Do you have a link to the speaker spec? I have never heard of these speakers

Woodstock is an indian brand, used to own them a decade ago, i also had the same speakers, i was using them with a woodstock amp, had bought both together as a pair

Thanks Marsilians and Dushie for the revert. Like Dushie says , Woodstock is an Indian Brand (Made in Delhi), was quite popular in the 80's , along with COSMIC Arphi etc. Unfortunately Woodstock does not advertise its products and hence there is no material on the net. If I could be more specific with my question , My Technics Amp is 25 Watts RMS per channel and the Woodstock speakers are 75 Watts RMS per channel. Is this combination acceptable ? Will the performance of the speakers improve if I upgrade my Amp ? and if yes, then could pl suggest a suitable power rating of the AMP. Thank you both. Since Dushie owned a Woodstock speakers some years back , can you recall its performance with the Woodstock AMP. Tx.

The Technics amp you are using seems to be quite under powered.
I have seen and heard these speakers, and for ideal output they will require an Amp with RMS of 100-120 Watt atleast - and most of common amps from the reputed Brands like Marantz/ Yamaha/ Cambridge/ Denon will sound quite flat with these, except their high end models.

Will suggest you:
  • Woodstock AW 602
  • Norge

I am also using the Woodstock AW 602 amp with my DIY Speakers. You may refer to thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/3360-my-2-channel-audio-gear-including-diy-speakers.html

Regards,

Ishlesh

Thanks Ishlesh for your suggestion. I also checked the associated thread and found a lot of useful information. The pictures of your audio system looks impressive. Thanks once again .

hai Ishlesh bhai, came to know that u are from chandigarh. Are woodstock amps still available there for sale. One I came to notice at sector 17 in the back of Sant Shoes. I think it is sony's showroom. Bolton still is in vogue in chd. or not. In your DIY project u have not mentioned which crossover did u use in speaker coloumns with Woodstock. Regards - mausam:clapping:

there used to be a brand DALMIA based in sector 35 around 92-93-94 and their amps were very good. Had u ever learnt the name? :clapping:

hai Ishlesh bhai, came to know that u are from chandigarh. Are woodstock amps still available there for sale. One I came to notice at sector 17 in the back of Sant Shoes. I think it is sony's showroom. Bolton still is in vogue in chd. or not. In your DIY project u have not mentioned which crossover did u use in speaker coloumns with Woodstock. Regards - mausam:clapping:

There is one dealer in Chandigarh, Sector 17 - Melody House, who has enough stock of Woodstock still with him, The Owner's name is Paramdeep - 09814077170. You may call him and give my reference.

The Crossover used is again from Bolton - Bolton Network 312CN22

There is one dealer in Chandigarh, Sector 17 - Melody House, who has enough stock of Woodstock still with him, The Owner's name is Paramdeep - 09814077170. You may call him and give my reference.

The Crossover used is again from Bolton - Bolton Network 312CN22

dear, i would like to know that whether bolton woofers/speakers still continue in the chd. market and where could i get them - in sector 18 or sector 35:mad:

Hi Audio enthusiasts,

I have a pair of Woodstock speakers which I am looking to sell.

Technical details :
Model : 3 way crossover, Woodstock Optimus 200, Mark 2
RMS : 40 watts
Ohms : 8
Woofer size : 12

They are in perfect working condition, in case anybody is interested please contact me @09840066829.

Thanks - Amit Jain

Hi,
I suggest you put your request here >> For Sale by Owner

You'll get better response...
Regds

Nice to see Woodstock's name come up on the forum....I still have a pair of Woodstocks which my father bought 15 years back and he still swears that they sound better than my Quad 11Ls ....He again bought it with a Woodstock 75 Watts amp and an Akai deck.
Amit: Noticed that you are also in Faridabad....I think we might even have a mini Faridabad forum for ourselves as I know of a nuber of audio enthusiasts.....My advice to you would be not to sell them as they look great especially if they have a 2 mids and 2 tweeters and a big woofer....The sound is very decent if you play party music...

Hi All, I know its too late in order, but still want to check if these speakers (Woodstock) are still available for sale...my childhood dreams to own Woodstock speakers. :yahoo:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back