HELP NEED HELP REGARDING REAR CHANNEL OF SONY XMN1004

Aryanshingari

Fellas i am currently running a steg leo 650c component on front and a pioneer A1670f coaxial at the rear, my amplifier is a sony Xmn1004 which is a 70W RMS * 4 channel amp. 175W*2 bridge mode for subwoofer

Since this amp has only LPF/HPF SETTINGS for the front and the rear channel only has the LPF ON/OFF setting i am assuming that it only supports 2 speakers on the front channel and rear is for the subwoofer exclusively, i am not sure about it, is it the case?

I do have a 325W RMS JBL SUBWOOFER so if that is the case i believe its better to hook that up to this rear channel and run the pioneer coaxials on stereo directly?

Drop your advice guys!
i am very dissatisfied with the way the rear coaxials sound while the front sound clean and nice
I know partly it could be because the rear coaxials are cheaper and coaxials on their own sound bad but i believe they sound both bad and low in terms of volume just like it is not meant to be used with the amp, & the speaker is not blown I checked that as well, the wiring is also good.

Attachments

• IMG_2217.jpeg
    IMG_2217.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 3
Fellas i am currently running a steg leo 650c component on front and a pioneer A1670f coaxial at the rear, my amplifier is a sony Xmn1004 which is a 70W RMS * 4 channel amp. 175W*2 bridge mode for subwoofer

Since this amp has only LPF/HPF SETTINGS for the front and the rear channel only has the LPF ON/OFF setting i am assuming that it only supports 2 speakers on the front channel and rear is for the subwoofer exclusively, i am not sure about it, is it the case?

I do have a 325W RMS JBL SUBWOOFER so if that is the case i believe its better to hook that up to this rear channel and run the pioneer coaxials on stereo directly?

Drop your advice guys!
i am very dissatisfied with the way the rear coaxials sound while the front sound clean and nice
I know partly it could be because the rear coaxials are cheaper and coaxials on their own sound bad but i believe they sound both bad and low in terms of volume just like it is not meant to be used with the amp, & the speaker is not blown I checked that as well, the wiring is also good.
You can try connecting the fronts or the rears directly with the stereo. Add the subwoofer to the rear channel of the amplifier in bridge mode. LPF shall be on if you have connected input from RCA out of the amplifier or taken signals from speakers. RCA can be off if signal is taken from sub out at the back of the system.

You can still run Coaxials with rear channels by setting LPF to off. LPF off means it directly feeds signal from your HU without High Pass Filter. Some HU have HPF in the unit itself. in that case u can set HPF in HU and directly feed from AMP to speakers. Also some speakers can handle full range frequencies , in that case we will set HPF to OFF.
But if you need HPF from AMP then u can only use front channels from your AMP.
Coaxials also sounds reasonable with AMP. Try setting HPF to off , and increase gain(level) in the AMP and check u can hear better. You need to set gain correctly until u hear the sound without distortion in high volume. Then set HPF to on in the AMP and check sound is better and clean.

Also do check wattage level of Coaxial speakers against AMP output. Sometimes coaxial speakers may be rated less wattage which could cause issue.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back