Anyone getting into "Immersive" or "Multi channel" sound

You're

You're perhaps talking about bass shakers because the tactile feel in your room currently perhaps isn't that great. Get some room treatment and your current subwoofers will show you a whole new level of performance. What I mean to say is, bass shakers aren't the only way to go about it if you want tactile feedback. When your subs have linear response with a low RT60 time, you'll get fantastic tactility from the real thing. Plus, you'll get better performance throughout the frequency band.

However, you can't get multichannel surround sound music any other way
Have you tried tactile transducers and compared the feel they give with the feel a subwoofer gives?

To make the floor vibrate you will need to make a wooden platform and then keep your recliners on that platform.
so you mean to say you need the proper room treatment? hmmmm 👇

You're perhaps talking about bass shakers because the tactile feel in your room currently perhaps isn't that great. Get some room treatment and your current subwoofers will show you a whole new level of performance. What I mean to say is, bass shakers aren't the only way to go about it if you want tactile feedback. When your subs have linear response with a low RT60 time, you'll get fantastic tactility from the real thing. Plus, you'll get better performance throughout the frequency band.

However, you can't get multichannel surround sound music any other way
My previous room had tacked on wooden tiles alongwith foam and carpet on top and my dual 10 inch RELs were providing incredible tactile feedback (low frequency extension was 8hz at -3db) by making the floor vibrate, in addition to giving a good righteous posterior massage to anyone seated on furniture.

So suffice to say i'll cross "ability to provide tactile feedback on floor" off the list since it comes with the caveat which also applies to subwoofers.

I'll give it a shot nevertheless to see if it can provide as good a tactile feedback on my recliner.as my subs used to when on wooden flooring.

BTW, the subs used to give a back massage across all 3 seats in my room which are individual chairs. Will i have to get 3 separate transducers for each chair?

Adding more Channels does not add another dimension to music. For now the only way to add another dimension to music is by using tactile transducers or bass shakers. It adds a new dimension of touch and feel.
We have five senses out of which two gets used the traditional wat in case a video is also playing. With bass shakers we can let our sens of touch jump in the experience. No matter how many speakers or channels we add. Nothing can be compared to adding vibrations and activating another sense in the audio experience.
Even a single speaker can satisfy the auditory senses.
The psychoacoustics principle makes the difference to the experience.
Mono to stereo sound was a huge shift in music experience.
Same is true with multi channel if done right ( which can get pretty expensive )

so you mean to say you need the proper room treatment? hmmmm 👇

My previous room had tacked on wooden tiles alongwith foam and carpet on top and my dual 10 inch RELs were providing incredible tactile feedback (low frequency extension was 8hz at -3db) by making the floor vibrate, in addition to giving a good righteous posterior massage to anyone seated on furniture.

So suffice to say i'll cross "ability to provide tactile feedback on floor" off the list since it comes with the caveat which also applies to subwoofers.

I'll give it a shot nevertheless to see if it can provide as good a tactile feedback on my recliner.as my subs used to when on wooden flooring.

BTW, the subs used to give a back massage across all 3 seats in my room which are individual chairs. Will i have to get 3 separate transducers for each chair?
I did not mean wooden floor. I meant a raised platform say 6 inches to 1 feet in height. The subs and the recliners both need to be in that platform. It should not be too stiff but strong enough to support the weight. Nothing to do with room treatment at all.

And yes separate transducer will be needed for each recliner.

I am really amazed to know that you could experience 8hz through your subs. It is kind of unbelievable. Wish I could have a demo from you some day. When you play a 8hz tone it makes one feel there is an earthquake.

I did not mean wooden floor.
Not as effective as a suspended wooden platform but still decent for vibrations to propagate through the floor.
I meant a raised platform say 6 inches to 1 feet in height. The subs and the recliners both need to be in that platform. It should not be too stiff but strong enough to support the weight. Nothing to do with room treatment at all.
Au contraire - it is very much a part of it inasmuch as it'll change the sound of your room for the better when implemented, not just the tactile feel.
And yes separate transducer will be needed for each recliner.

I am really amazed to know that you could experience 8hz through your subs. It is kind of unbelievable. Wish I could have a demo from you some day. When you play a 8hz tone it makes one feel there is an earthquake.
Better believe it! 👇 😁

Can I get a demo? Would love to experience such a setup!
Ah, i believe you might have missed a tidbit of information in this regard 👇

I moved this past November and while I've treated the current room also, there's no wooden flooring - the pitfalls of renting. Now the RELs are rolling off more or less at their rated frequency of 28hz with some serious bass cancellation around 58hz and a massive peak at 44hz.

Attachments

• measurement.jpg
    measurement.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 11
Oh I see. Sorry about that.

You mean wooden flooring is kind of must for proper bass.
Nah! There's more than one and more effective ways to skin that cat. But wooden floors are a great place to start in addition to providing tactile feedback. The current peaks, dips and lack of extension has more to do with the room dimensions and the manner it's constructed which meant i couldn't deploy as much room treatment as last time.

Notwithstanding, i've still got a decent sound except the epic bass response is no longer a feature 😐. This is also the reason why I'm quite interested in trying out a trasducer to see if it can get some of that feel back. The only bummer is that i'll have to get separate ones for each seat or in the alternative, get a three seater recliner - the perfect one simply doesn't exist!

P.S:- i do have a rooftop with epic bass response - no SBIR! 😂

Last edited:
Nah! There's more than one and more effective ways to skin that cat. But wooden floors are a great place to start in addition to providing tactile feedback. The current peaks, dips and lack of extension has more to do with the room dimensions and the manner it's constructed which meant i couldn't deploy as much room treatment as last time.

Notwithstanding, i've still got a decent sound except the epic bass response is no longer a feature 😐. This is also the reason why I'm quite interested in trying out a trasducer to see if it can get some of that feel back. The only bummer is that i'll have to get separate ones for each seat or in the alternative, get a three seater recliner - the perfect one simply doesn't exist!

P.S:- i do have a rooftop with epic bass response - no SBIR! 😂
Do not forget 3 extra mono amplifiers. Or you can put 2 transducers in a 3 seater sofa with stereo subwoofer amplifier.

Transducers eliminate the shortcomings of subwoofers. You will get all the response at your sweet spot. No need to move anything around or do any treatment.

Do not forget 3 extra mono amplifiers. Or you can put 2 transducers in a 3 seater sofa with stereo subwoofer amplifier.

Transducers eliminate the shortcomings of subwoofers. You will get all the response at your sweet spot. No need to move anything around or do any treatment.
Bro, guess what?

20240326_153344.jpg

Multi channel audio is useful only for frequencies above ~ 2 kHz. The spectrum above is where the pinna is able to locate the direction of the sound and geographically spread-out sound sources helps in getting an element of realism.
Frequencies lower than 2 kHz are not localized by pinna but by phase difference between sound waves striking ears. Multichannel audio absolutely screws the imaging in this spectrum.

They look expensive. What's the going rate on these and where can I find them?
Someone had brought them to test with my amplifiers. There is some art exhibition in Mumbai and these are to be used to vibrate floor I gues with sensors activating them.
Sure they would be expensive and not available in India. You have to import from Amazon US I think or partsexpress if available there. But I would not recommend buttkickers as they perform well below 15Hz and there are a very few sounds in movies and music that are in that range. So it is better to go with Aura or Dayton Audio ones. Get in touch via whatsapp I have some more ideas. DM me for number. As bass shakers will still be too expensive for the effect they give.

Back