Would you like a vinyl rental service?

to rent vinyl, per month I can pay

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

anm

From people like seventy mm or other players like bigflix.

What would you pay for 1 record at a time,max one per day?
please use poll to voice your comments.

EDIT: By the way, I am not a dealer/ seller like many other people on this forum. So I do not have to rent my own records to you. So chill! I am a normal user who thinks that renting lots of records and then selecting the ones I want to keep is a good idea if the price is not too high. I searched online and found that at one time, renting records was a big business - but it was before the music on internet. I rent movies from seventy mm. I buy only those I would like to see again, or like my family to see/ see again. Do not have space to store 100s of them and then take care of them.
Agree with what venkat says about repeatability of movie vs music. I have not seen too many movies more than once, but I hear to lot of music more than once.

Last edited:
I don't have a vinyl setup right now but I think one day is too short. 48hrs is a better minimum time unit.

Just my chaar-aanas.

Cheers

I meant minimum for a day - and if you keep one for longer, you would rent lesser number of records in that month - they way it happens with dvd subscription on seventymm.

I see some people have voted for "won't rent". Will request them to add some comments to elaborate why not?

The reason i would not rent a Vinyl because I like to savor a particular song/album for a long period of time. I cant imagine doing that in a day or two. I sometimes would like to go back to a particular album if I remember something nice about it. Renting just wouldn't give me that luxury.

For me I would mostly use vinyls to hear the niceties in the recordings/music. It would probably be something which I already own/heard on CD so renting again would not make sense to me at all.

wont rent cos at the rates mentioned cos even at the lowest Rs 300 you're better off buying a second hand lp to check or just going online to youtube to check out a song or artist! plus imagine the damage to discs from people's unaligned cartridges and uncleaned styluses! rent scratched damaged records? shudder shudder. storing lps requires more space too. cant imaging seventymm doing that just for a few guys :D

Music is any form - CDs or Vinyl, is something you hear again and again. Music is very personal, and I certainly don't want to use a record that has been mis(used) by someone else. Even if you want to sample a song, you can do it easily on the Net nowadays.

Movies is a different matter where you see a movie just once. So it makes sense to rent. But given that the costs of DVDs are going down, I am moving away from something like 7 to 10 movies a week of rental to barely 4 or 5 movies a month. I have started buying DVDs also as the cost of rental is very near the cost of buying a DVD. I am buying literally every Moser Baer DVD I see, and a lot of others that are selling inexpensively.

Cheers

300 is not for 1. For a month, you may effectively sample 30 lps for that cost.

wont rent cos at the rates mentioned cos even at the lowest Rs 300 you're better off buying a second hand lp to check or just going online to youtube to check out a song or artist! plus imagine the damage to discs from people's unaligned cartridges and uncleaned styluses! rent scratched damaged records? shudder shudder. storing lps requires more space too. cant imaging seventymm doing that just for a few guys :D

ah 300 bucks per month. i've misread the poll. interesting idea but then with music so freely available on youtube... that's what i actually do to sample an artist or song and then pick up the lp. just to try out music i wouldn't rent an lp.

also i'd have to clean the lp before playing who knows how its been cleaned before or what has gone onto the disc! not worth the effort for something you have to return.

Saw this poll just. Now I would not rent I suppose, but a lot would depend on the available collection, the proximity to my home, etc.

For what's its worth it was a big thing when I was growing up. I remember renting a lot of LPs from a library in Mathikere, Bangalore (the city where I grew up). Their collection was huge and it was a great way to check out the latest movie releases and if I liked something then I would go for the tape or LP of the same. In those days it made sense since there was no internet or any other way to sample new music/artists. The only available musical programs on good old DD were Top Of The Pops and Eurovision (or something similar if my memory serves me right).

...The only available musical programs on good old DD were Top Of The Pops and Eurovision (or something similar if my memory serves me right)...

Sorry for the off-topic, but did you manage to note down any of the songs they played on Eurovision or the Pops? I remember being able to watch a few episodes of one of the two (or was it both?) and liking them lots. Too bad I was too young at that time to have the sense to note the songs down...:eek:

Sorry for the off-topic, but did you manage to note down any of the songs they played on Eurovision or the Pops? I remember being able to watch a few episodes of one of the two (or was it both?) and liking them lots. Too bad I was too young at that time to have the sense to note the songs down...:eek:

Unfortunately not. Guess even I was very young and that thought did not cross my mind. But there are archives available for both programs on Google, but it would take some doing to go through them and find the old songs I suppose.

Eurovision - Pops
Yaad mat dilao ki kabhi hum bhi jawan the!!!!:sad::cool::rolleyes:
Guys i think we are in similar age bracket!( For others I am 18 till I Die!)
:cheers::thumbsup::yahoo:
So remember some songs of those PRE MTV bygone era.( Maybe some of them post MTV)

The age when we used to "edit & make" casettes and used to argue about which casettes were better- Sony CHF or Sont HF or TDK !!

There is no logic to this list & friends please brush your memory and feel free to add!

1) Part Time Lover
2) Tarzan Boy
3) A-B-C
4) Born in the USA
5) Electric Youth
6) Everybody want to rule the world
7) Careless Whisper
8) 99 Red Baloons
9) Hope JOanna
10) Flashdance - What a feeling
12) Eye of the tiger
13) Wake me up before you go go
14) Girls just wanna have Fun
15) When doves cry
16) La Isla Bonita
17) Beat It
18) Bad
19) Like a Virgin
20) Faith
21) I want your sex
22) Summer Holiday
23) Blame It on The Rain
24) La Bamba
25) Lambada
26) Yeke Yeke
27) Ice Ice Baby
28) I still haven't found what I am looking for!
29) Piano Man
30) Patel rap

Some almost forgotton artists/bands
1) Bonym
2) Abba
3) M.C. Hammer
4) New kids on The Block
5) Milli Vanilli ( Duplicate spammers - I heard later one committed suicide!)
6) Osibisa
7) Kraftwerk

Last edited:
Why does anyone need logic for something u like? u like so u like. Period. These were and are superb songs. You dont have as many options now. Tell me how often can you listen to a top of the list Trance song? Hello...it doesnt have so much of a repeat value, nor does the gangsta rap that popular, etc etc. They cool to listen for the variety..but doesnt have music value.

I hav been picking up so many of these songs on LPs...
Eurovision - Pops
Yaad mat dilao ki kabhi hum bhi jawan the!!!!:sad::cool::rolleyes:
Guys i think we are in similar age bracket!( For others I am 18 till I Die!)
:cheers::thumbsup::yahoo:
So remember some songs of those PRE MTV bygone era.( Maybe some of them post MTV)

The age when we used to "edit & make" casettes and used to argue about which casettes were better- Sony CHF or Sont HF or TDK !!

There is no logic to this list & friends please brush your memory and feel free to add!

1) Part Time Lover
2) Tarzan Boy
3) A-B-C
4) Born in the USA
5) Electric Youth
6) Everybody want to rule the world
7) Careless Whisper
8) 99 Red Baloons
9) Hope JOanna
10) Flashdance - What a feeling
12) Eye of the tiger
13) Wake me up before you go go
14) Girls just wanna have Fun
15) When doves cry
16) La Isla Bonita
17) Beat It
18) Bad
19) Like a Virgin
20) Faith
21) I want your sex
22) Summer Holiday
23) Blame It on The Rain
24) La Bamba
25) Lambada
26) Yeke Yeke
27) Ice Ice Baby
28) I still haven't found what I am looking for!
29) Piano Man
30) Patel rap

Some almost forgotton artists/bands
1) Bonym
2) Abba
3) M.C. Hammer
4) New kids on The Block
5) Milli Vanilli ( Duplicate spammers - I heard later one committed suicide!)
6) Osibisa
7) Kraftwerk

The whole concept of an LP is the experience, and that I think is very personal,,at least to me it is. So I would rather sample the song online, and then buy the Lp.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back